Thread: Central Locking Linkages for 3dr Hatch

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Central Locking Linkages for 3dr Hatch

Does anyone have a picture of the inside of their doors they would be willing to share to see how the linkage rods link from the solenoids/motors to the mechanism which pushes the rod attached to the door pins up and down?

Have the full c/l wiring harness, solenoids, the small linkage with hooked end that attaches to the solenoid, and the door pin linkage, but am a bit lost as to where the solenoids should be positioned in order to reach the mechanism which opens/closes the door pin linkages, as the old girl didn't come with c/l as standard.

I've riveted the solenoids at the very bottom of the door (directly below and in line with the mechanism, but wonder whether I have fixed them too far down. Would be really helpful to see where they are meant to go if someone has photographic evidence to give me a visual representation of how it is meant to be.

Cheers,
    Tony

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure theres no holes already in the door for the solenoids to rivet/bolt to? I fitted central locking/leccy windows to a poverty spec nova and the holes were already in the door for the solenoids/regulators.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyredtop83 View Post
    Are you sure theres no holes already in the door for the solenoids to rivet/bolt to? I fitted central locking/leccy windows to a poverty spec nova and the holes were already in the door for the solenoids/regulators.
    There are a couple of holes where I thought the solenoids could fix to but which when offering the solenoids up to those holes didn't seem right - if my memory serves me correct, the holes were either too wide apart or close together for the mounting bracket on the solenoid to fix to. Thus my problem. A visual representation of the inside of someone's doors would soon solve that problem.

Fitting the e/w regulators (unlike the c/l solenoids) was a straightforward matter - the holes are a clear guide to where they should be fixed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should be obvious where they go in the latch mech, it'll be a white nylon hole with a clip on you spin around. Then dangle the motor down and it'll line up with some holes.

They are definitely GM original motors?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    It should be obvious where they go in the latch mech, it'll be a white nylon hole with a clip on you spin around. Then dangle the motor down and it'll line up with some holes.

They are definitely GM original motors?
    Definitely GM, and definitely not as obvious as you say. On the opposite end of the linkage rod from that which attaches through the hoop on the solenoid but which attaches to the mechanism has a flat elongated head and threaded hole (possibly 5mm in diameter), which tells me that something else connects to that before it simply clips into the mechanism, otherwise it would be as simple as you say and I wouldn't be on here asking and doing everyone's heads in .

I wonder whether I am missing a section of linkage between what connects from the end of the solenoid linkage to the mechanism? The flatness of the end of the linkage rod and the threaded hole can't be for nothing, surely. Someone must know what I'm talking about - I'm not making it up, I promise .

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the infamous rod I speak of ... So, the hole isn't threaded, but you get my meaning: something must attach to that in order to connect to the mechanism.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi tony Send me a pm with a phone number or email

I have the door cards off my Gsi an have taken some photos of what your looking for. Your correct there is a little plastic thing that connects the motor rod, door button rod, an the mechanism. As for the mounting holes I'll have a look on my new doors to see if there is pre drilled holes or if you have to put them in

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rich a View Post
    Hi tony Send me a pm with a phone number or email

I have the door cards off my Gsi an have taken some photos of what your looking for. Your correct there is a little plastic thing that connects the motor rod, door button rod, an the mechanism. As for the mounting holes I'll have a look on my new doors to see if there is pre drilled holes or if you have to put them in
    Hallelujah! Someone who understands what I'm babbling on about . Will do Rich, cheers fella
    Last edited by HouseAtreides; 22-05-15 at 09:39 PM.