Thread: mk1 nova 'b road entertainment' or budget track motor

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default mk1 nova 'b road entertainment' or budget track motor

1989 f plate 1.2 merit shell in very good condition. 52k on it. rust wise almost perfect, had a small patch in the battery try but doesn't need any more - doors and boot are spotless - arches and sills clean. damage wise there's a crease in the pass door and various little dings around the car (to show it's age). it's been dry garaged in my ownership (about 8 years!). stitch welded bay and chassis rails.

plastic windows in boot, quarters and quarterlights (to keep windy fronts) and have all original (reg marked) glass as well. have a fibreglass bonnet not fitted but can go with it. bumpers have been fitted without reinforcement to save a few more kgs. single wiper conversion with ax/zx bracket - works mint even at 'high' speed - purely to tidy the bay up.

engine wise its a 1.6 gte lump which has never put a foot wrong and sounds crisp, always run on valvoline vr1 and changed regular. r1 carbs with polished manifold, fuel proof silicone joiners (important) and set of lovely custom trumpets. screws/bolts on carbs replaced with stainless hex so no seizing, correct thin jubilees on manifold so carbs have never popped off. facet cube pump with filter king regulator. lots of head work and a reasonably silly cam, revs to 8k if you want. has 4-1 group n eurorallye manifold and full system. had headgasket, belt and waterpump - when the last lot of head work was done - had a good look at bores and bottom end and everything looks healthy so was left well alone. megajolt mappable ignition running ford edis, very tidy install and loom. rad is about 1000 miles old.

it's running an f13 close ratio box with a 4.1 diff so the gearing is short, but acceleration is nice rose jointed gear linkage.

all car and bay loom tucked/hidden where possible, dizzy blanked etc.

battery behind pass seat and washer bag behind drivers.

interior wise has a cut down and flocked dash, pair of very light magnum bucket seats and trs 4 point aircraft harnesses - and nothing else

suspension is spax adjustable shocks with 60mm apex springs, brakes are 256mm on front, standard rear, braided lines. wheels wise comes with 14in sr steelies (the wider cavalier commander ones) and some 13in standard steelies - just as its been sat on them in the garage, tyres are just round and black as i never bought decent tyres for the 14s before taking it off the road. gte rear beam and front antiroll bar.

no mot but can put one on it for the right deal, it wont need anything - i will just need to pay a mate to take it down on his truck as no insurance. obviously v5 in my name and currently sorned.

as usual probably things i've forgotten, but anything that you need/want to know just shout!

would knock a bit off and keep the seats but that's about it - not interested in breaking the car.

located alfreton, derbys. can be seen pretty much any eve or weekends. also can arrange delivery as part of a deal.

after 2k, but talk to me when you have looked at it and have money in your hand.

would be interested in swap/px for a bike, preferably road legal, try me.

Last edited by Prey; 09-04-15 at 03:07 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no one fancy it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)