Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much are Novas worth nowadays????

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How much are Novas worth nowadays????

Anyone see the Nova that sold for 4.5k on eBay? Looked pretty dam clean but 4.5k?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's worth as much as someone is willing to pay...
    So yes 4k+ can be common on certain spec's.

Same with parts for Novas... All going up up up!

Club Member Club Member DaveMarshall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand people paying top money for models such as GTE GSI SR SRI and Sport as you can re-live your younger days e.t.c but I just can't see the excitement in owning a 1.2 club or GLS or any other low spec model. Even if you use the base car for a project at the end of the day it's still only a basic car with a load of goodies attached to it.

Dave.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Standard cars are rare these days and to an enthusiast are worth more than a modified car. Not everyone wants to turn an original standard low mileage car into a track weapon as they probably appreciate it the way it is? Its down to personal taste and like Novalad says its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Original unmodified Novas of any condition will fetch decent money especially the sr's Gte's or Gsi's even the lesser spec Novas are now doing good money.

If I as looking for say an original GTE or GSi that was very original and wasn't needing welding or panels replacing [mega rare] I'd look at paying tops 4k IMO.

Cars in Ireland always have an extra 20% on top for any nova for some reason regardless of the edition.

A clean unmolestered standard nova could fetch maybe 3k if low mileage but again that's my opinion but it would have to be a tiptop condition nova with so much history and low mileage to make it worth while.

Modified Novas say your LET's and Novas with generous amounts of engine mods that have had loads of money ploughed into them are only as good as the shells they're in, the best ones are usually worth breaking to be honest rather than selling as a whole car.

Sports will always fetch a better price in original condition due to rarity, tops 5 to 6k with all history but bound to go up in price better than most Novas. Tbh they're are probably more common that lesser spec say sr's GTE's or GSI's these days.

Alll the above is my opinion so mean nothing

Club Member Club Member blue_peg_16v's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

South Sean kell had 10k to spend on a good sport and couldn't get one he got offered 1 for 15k so started from a crap box shell and built one
    told you saloons are the future!!!!!!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My two pence worth....

Base spec low milers - 2k ish not seen one achieve over this (Yet)

SR - Up to 3.5k

GTE / GSi - up to 6k

Sport up to 10k

Modified LET / XE - Spec dependent

All based on clean low mile, original (Minor refurbishment to a good standard accepted) examples with history.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a 1 previous owner, B reg 3dr swing with 25k miles. Rot wise it is very good, however needs some paint here and there due to the elderly gentleman that previously owned it.

If I was to sell it would be the £2k mark, it also has an agreed valuation of £2k.

So I think low mileage base models (3dr) are worth circa £2k.

I also think location and colour affect the price, as many people are just not prepared to travel for the right car and want it in their street!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's crazy the price they fetch now. If you have the time and space you can build pretty much any model nowadays. I have pretty much all of a mk1 SR except for a shell but should I find a genuine SR shell I could build one and make a killing if sold. I love my novas but couldn't stomach spending thousands on one (in one go) really, of course if I won the lottery I would buy them all though

Over the years I have bought bits in dribs and drabs (as well as a bargain Nova here and there) spending several hundred quid, being patient to the point where I can now put them together getting the enjoyment and stress of a build, plus knowing that it is indeed straight and solid is a huge plus - too many out there with hidden faults.

I also hate the fact that just because a small piece of plastic trim 'might' have been in a genuine GSi/GTE it is three times the price of a 'base' model piece of trim - Surely they all came out of the same mould!!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect that the low mileage GL is being bid up, I stuck my Flair back onto e-bay just to see - if they really were making that money it would have a new address.
    Mine is sitting at 2.5k with a few hours left, can't really see it going much higher than that to be honest, and if it does it will be nowhere near £4,500, so it will be staying with me a bit longer!!