Thread: 20let help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 20let help

Finally got to the stage to start my car and it won't start.

The story is its a c20let conversion in a mk1 1.2 shell, if it makes any difference. I have followed the wiring guide in the article section and the fault I'm getting is no spark and no injector feed. I have been through the loom and have checked the 12v feeds to the ecu, the switched feed and checked the earths and all seem good. I have fitted a new coil and fitted a good crank sensor and still no joy. I have an ebay fuel pump relay fitted and the pump just runs when the ingition is turned on-I'm sure it's ment to prime and then run when the engine is running. Would a dodgy relay cause the fault, of it not starting?

thanks chris

Club Member Club Member DaveMarshall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the pump working when cranking? Can't remember which engines but some Vauxhall's prime when you put the ignition on some only work when cranking/engine running. Been a while but on XE/LET isn't it possible to get the knock sensor and another sensor poss ICV plugged in the wrong way round.

Dave.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shouldnt run with igntion on the relay on them does ecu and fuel pump and a comon fault for failing id be trying that first. Pumps dont prime on let,s wen igntions on either they just stanrt wen cranking

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replys,I rember getting the knock and icv round the wrong way before dave but unfortunately made no difference. I also changed the distrubtor as I had a spare new one still no joy,I will order a fuel relay from work on Monday just to rule that out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe I have found the problem, the loom from the crank sensor has fallen apart ��