Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Old time members... Where are you?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facebook should be shutdown end of!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torquey View Post
    Facebook should be shutdown end of!!
    I’d certainly vote for that.

PNG OS Survivor Club Member scott.parker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Yep,even I have it these days.
    all the car pages are a complete joke.
    same questions every day about the same thing.
    cant understand why people use it myself.much better for selling I’d say but for project pics it’s pathetic.
    Andy you miserable sod, what's your last name! Lol

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    No replies, still better than Facebook tho
    I'm on a few of the nova pages/groups and frankly they are all 95% selling, 4% questions and 1% pic whoring (rough numbers)
    If it were atleast 50/50 questions&chat/selling then I'd happily commit the demise of ALL forua to FB/social media but I think there is an element of lots of people just knowing WTF they are doing with a Nova/classic car now and all guides beit here or youtube or other places can be applied to what you need. Couple that with a large chunk of sub 30's who just dont care about cars the way we all did/do.

Someone mentioned about the mag and how it would be great to get that back... I bet even with ALL nova related groups/clubs working together you'd struggle to get one mags worth of stuff a year given that the all vauxhall mag looks like it struggles to fill pages with articles, mostly due to social media monetising stuff so you would pimp your own project/work to get money direct etc and gain scene points that way etc.

I'm not bitter at social media as its a phenominal tool if you want it to be (the much malinged VBOA is pushing its way forwards on there with decent results even if the most vocal are grumpy... isnt that the way ), I think the whole car scene has changed a shit ton in the past decade and people have grown up to leave project cars behind, some have returned many havent and so on, add in the young ones (as said) dont seem to care about cars as much as we used to... maybe its parents not wanting them in "death trap" old cars, maybe its insurance, maybe its just that they have interest in other stuff.

Its a really weird one thats for sure, but on the flip side "the vauxhall scene" has gained two extra shows in just 18 months!!! that must be telling enough, granted it will show better once all have run for a few years but the organisers must see something there.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think nowadays like Stuart says youngsters don’t seem to care much for older cars,in our youth,to keep up with the latest car trends you fit bass cannons and cherry bombs etc yourself,you tried everything yourself as modifying was a personal thing-even if most did look the same!
    Now,all people seem interested in is the plate snobbery and finance pcp or whatever it’s called today.
    The scene has indeed changed dramatically,but nothing can ever beat picking up a magazine a coffee and a browse through a project build or a good “how to” on a forum for me.I don’t give a fukk how many likes some post gets on Facebook.
    Maybe forums will come back fashionable again,some still are very busy,the Land Rover/discovery forums I use are still busy and they are still good to read.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't want any fake passports you fucking bellend, fuck off.

I was discussing this with Tim @The Phirm the other week.

The landscape has changed, I'm 36, when I was 17-18 I couldn't walk into a dealership and buy a car on 0% finance, no deposit, free insurance for a year (well I could but it would have been a VW Polo or some such 1 litre beast)

So the options were buy something for cash and make it faster myself, that became a hobby and a big part of my life and here we are.

Now, however, we have 18 year olds able to walk into Audi and buy an S3 or RS3 or BMW and buy an M2, no deposit, 0% finance, mummy and daddy on the insurance.

Easy as, 400hp and very little concern, driver aids making it easy to drive. Instead of fast cars being a badge of honour, something you worked towards they were just an expected item.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I’d still buy a Nova if I had the money to buy a decent one, sadly though the parts have become worth more than they should have.

The internet has destroyed social “actual life” in general, everyone texts and messages via social media more and more...... get down the pub guys, have a drink and see human beings in real life

Credit has made it far too easy to buy things I could only dream of when I was young.

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post

The landscape has changed, I'm 36, when I was 17-18 I couldn't walk into a dealership and buy a car on 0% finance, no deposit, free insurance for a year (well I could but it would have been a VW Polo or some such 1 litre beast)

So the options were buy something for cash and make it faster myself, that became a hobby and a big part of my life and here we are.

Now, however, we have 18 year olds able to walk into Audi and buy an S3 or RS3 or BMW and buy an M2, no deposit, 0% finance, mummy and daddy on the insurance.

Easy as, 400hp and very little concern, driver aids making it easy to drive. Instead of fast cars being a badge of honour, something you worked towards they were just an expected item.
    Very very true.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some valid points. I’ve never been on Facemuck, I think it’s the anaethema of real life.

i stand in the pub watching the rugby sometimes and glance around at all the jokers who are more interested in their phone than the match. It kills me a little inside.
    Get busy living, or get busy dying.......................

Gold Club Member# 001 Club Member Nova_Tek's Avatar
    Hertfordshire..... Builds: ......... Snowplough'd LET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know the last time I logged on to be honest, but I'm still around!

Been off all types of forums for years now. That being said most forums are utter cr*p now-a-days. Filled with new age users that don't know how to change a light bulb... pretty much useless.

For me, buying a home and all the financial impacts that had, a serious career and starting a family all have taken a toll on any project work... priorities!

I still have the Nova, however.