Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default URGENT HELP - DMTL 32/34 on 1200 8v

Hi All,

I am looking for some urgent help with the DMTL 32/34 on a 1.2 Nova.

So far I have fitted the inlet manifold from a 1.3 which went on a treat. I have now sat the Carb onto the manifold with the relevant adaptor plates.

The problems I have are as follows:

- Which was does the carb face, when the instructions say "x towards front" do they mean face the X towards the interior of the car, or towards the front of the engine bay? I have seen pictures on Google where it seems to indicate that either have been done.

- How on earth do I attach the throttle cable? Not sure if there is a part missing or if I am just being stupid, but I have no idea how to fit the cable.

I keep trying to upload pics via Tapatalk and it doesnt work. Hopefully you can see them below:

If anyone can offer any advice on how the hell I attach the throttle cable, any pics, guides or online help as Ive spent hours searching and everything seems to be VW related.

Appreciate any guidance.

Thanks
    Tom

Club Member Club Member Jonesfach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not an expert on this type but I would say x means the front of the car. Also to me it looks the wrong way around.

the throttle cable usually comes out of the bulkhead and loops around from over the cam area.

am guessing it is secured on the silver bracket and then has ball type fitment on the carb.

only had 40 s on a nova so could be completely wrong....

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the carb is the correct way round. it looks like the throttle lever is missing from the carb, I can see the bracket which holds the throttle cable on. You can order the throttle levers from fast road cars, they are the same as 1.8VW ones.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesfach View Post
    Not an expert on this type but I would say x means the front of the car. Also to me it looks the wrong way around.

the throttle cable usually comes out of the bulkhead and loops around from over the cam area.

am guessing it is secured on the silver bracket and then has ball type fitment on the carb.

only had 40 s on a nova so could be completely wrong....
    A fella at Webcon got back to me suggesting the X on the diagram means front of the engine bay not front of the cabin. In which case its in the right direction as pictured.

But I have seen pics online with it in the other way.

Looks like I need to buy an additional Throttle Lever and nipple for the end of the throttle cable.

We shall see how I get on.

Thanks
    Tom

Club Member Club Member Jonesfach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by granty1986 View Post
    A fella at Webcon got back to me suggesting the X on the diagram means front of the engine bay not front of the cabin. In which case its in the right direction as pictured.

But I have seen pics online with it in the other way.

Looks like I need to buy an additional Throttle Lever and nipple for the end of the throttle cable.

We shall see how I get on.

Thanks
    Tom
    Let us know how you get on.

wrt to the x being the front I agree front of engine bay.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All sorted. Bought the GM throttle arm from Webcon and didn't need it. Had to make a throttle cable from 2 I had already. It works now and I'm happy. Probably needs a good setup but until the funds arrive it'll be ok as it is.