Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Nichols Flintshire Performance Engines

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He can have all the parts back I'll have my £4,865 back. job done.

I'm so annoyed, people pay him decent money to build engines for them and if this is the quality of the parts he puts in their engines then I don't know what to say.

I don't see how this can be excused!! It's ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5k for scrap i would be kicking in the cunts front door
    ^^^ did you just read that? what a idiot ^^^

PROJECT 2 FAST 2 FAT clicky

''lifes what happens, while your busy making plans''

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    I put in details of an iindividual who didn't send me all the parts he promised and got a Paypal refund to the tune of 500... I think this is well worthy of the site. If multiple people register their problems with him they'll look into it.
    Thanks Iain, I'll see what they come back with and go from there, if not it'll be small claims court. He owes me for the "build" he hasn't carried out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Site sponsors" are not endorsed by PNG in anyway. A site sponsor has simply paid for the privilege of advertising on the forum

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burgo View Post
    "Site sponsors" are not endorsed by PNG in anyway. A site sponsor has simply paid for the privilege of advertising on the forum
    I apologise for the inference burgo, I'm in no way suggesting this forum is at fault, merely that he used this forum to make contact with me and that others should be careful of PM's received from him promising cheaper parts and such.
    Last edited by House; 11-03-15 at 10:53 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This thread has been noted in the admin section, if anyone else has valid problems with philips work then please make it heard, if not and wanting to jump on the bandwagon then please don't though.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Southie View Post
    This thread has been noted in the admin section, if anyone else has valid problems with philips work then please make it heard, if not and wanting to jump on the bandwagon then please don't though.
    Thanks Southie, I never intended this to be a witch hunt, however, when I returned home with the parts this evening and excitedly unwrapped them and had a proper look, I felt I couldn't not let others know what my be going into their engines.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Phil Nichols Flintshire Performance Engines

I highly doubt it andy.

I have also had a bad experience with phil. He also messaged me from this forum after asking about arp bolts. After speaking to him he seemed very knowledgeable and trustworthy. Eventually i managed to pop over to his unit when i was working closer to him. After seeing his unit and meeting him i decided to go ahead. I sent him my engine and he immediately stripped it ready for the rebuild.

As phil says above, i paid him as and when i could ( total of 4 payments amounting to £4k +) i agree i told him not to rush and was happy with what he was telling me, as i trusted him and basically, i dont have a clue about building engines so its over my head.

Fast forward 18 months later and i could not get in touch with him. It would take up to 10 texts and numerous attempts at calling phil to get a reply and im talking over the space of days and weeks.

He informed me that the bottom end was all built up and ready for the head to go on. He invited me over to see the engine and when i got there the rods and pistons were installed. No sump, water pump or oil pump. Again im no expert but when he told me bottom end done, thats what i expected.

After this he told me he would have the engine done in 3 weeks. Then came the excuses.

"Head has gone for machining"

"Head wasnt machined properly and has gone back for machining"

"Still waiting for the head"

"Need to go and pick the head up"

"Need to build the head up"

"Started to build the head but the shims are the wrong size"

"Ordered the shims but they havnt come yet"

"Shims have come so will finish it this week"

"Shims still havnt turned up" (what??!)

You get the idea. Eventually the engine was "finished" 3 months later. When i got to his unit there was no flywheel attached. He did this whilst i waited. He then informed me that a lad who had a key to his unit had been in and nicked some gear. Including my pressure plate. So no pressure plate. There was also no oil return/dipstick fitted as he had misplaced it and no flexi hose to join the 2 oilways together on the head (porus mod) he promised me he would get these bits sorted and get them posted to me asap, within 2 weeks as thats how long the pressure plate would take to arrive. I then returned home and realised there were no bell housing bolts too.

Still recieved zero parts 2 months later. I have since told him to ram it.

His unit is a ****hole and i do not know how he works in there.

I wish i had never got involved and just scrapped the nova. It would have been much more satisfying.

My advice to anybody, do not go near him, he is a liar and can not be trusted. I dont care how many people have had good parts off him and all that crap. Run and then run some more.

After seeing this my engine will be getting stripped and checked.

Sorry for the long post. Iv been waiting to get this off my chest
    Last edited by 24sevenslacker; 11-03-15 at 11:15 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House1983 View Post
    Thanks Southie, I never intended this to be a witch hunt, however, when I returned home with the parts this evening and excitedly unwrapped them and had a proper look, I felt I couldn't not let others know what my be going into their engines.
    No witch hunt if there's a legit reason for your problems, obviously there's always two sides to a story so I expect Philip to say his bit but with you now being a second person to be unhappy with his work we need to know, especially with him being a site sponsor.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Southie View Post
    No witch hunt if there's a legit reason for your problems, obviously there's always two sides to a story so I expect Philip to say his bit but with you now being a second person to be unhappy with his work we need to know, especially with him being a site sponsor.
    Ofcourse, Phil will, I'm sure, have something to say about this but as said above who knows what to believe!!

I've built engines for people before (the only reason I didn't build this one was time constraints) and whether it was a standard engine or a high power monster it got the same treatment, there is no way on earth a crank would go back into and engine in that state and as for rods, rust, really?? Inexcusable for someone who claims to an engine builder.