Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nathans Nova Fun Project

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers Bruce and thanks everyone for kind words.
    currently working on the interior fitting an Astra digi dash and having some items re trimmed.

Looking to paint the bumpers dark grey now to match the wheels.

what are people's thoughts on my boot? I'm thinking of changing back to a stock mk2 boot. Opinions?

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So update from the christmas period.

I have been pulling apart my seats and other items to be repainted so getting rid of the 90s silver and painting all the parts black.

Now ive had back all my parts from the flockers ive been re assembling my interior but still waiting for a few parts back from retrimming.

Decided to paint the steering wheel black also, but not sure on what i think to it yet.

I asked the flockers if they could do parcel shelfs so they gave it ago, came out ok i think

In the mean time have also bought myself a mk2 boot in mint condition from Walsall area so will be getting that painted and test to see if i prefer it with mk1 or mk2 boot?

More to follow soon

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice idea on the parcel shelf.... And the speaker grills (if they've been flocked)
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea went with the speaker grills also.
    they are an old style but with the flocking it does look better.
    Will post some pictures of the cards all fitted up shortly.

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So since my last post i have been working on the car every night fixing a few items and working on another set of wheels.

I decided the wheels needed to be wider so went out and bought myself some porsche d90s in 7j and 8j wide.
    After a heavy refurb done by myself and a change of tyres theyre now all complete and on the car.

Ive managed to get all the interior together also with my digi dash all up and running, and had some panels made up to fit my rear door cards to cover where my fuel pipe comes up through the arch to the cap inside the door shut. Had these made and trimmed by my friends at Waboo Automotive.

Ive also now decided to have my bumpers painted to match the new colour of my wheels as for me i felt their was too much white on the car so sent these off and in the mean time gave underside of the bumpers a good clean up.

Some pictures of my progress.

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the end i decided against my flocked parcel shelf and bought another grey one which i dyed a dark grey/black which i felt looked abit more in place with my interior as the flocked item was very dark black

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the weekend i then attended an Open Day at Waboo Automotive where many different makes of vehicle arrived and just an excuse really to get the nova back on the road so here is a few photos from the day.

Also met up with Brucer who took a few of the photos for me.
    Some of the other vehicles that attended here https://m.facebook.com/bcdevelopments?ref=bookmark

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what wide arch kit is that and how much wider is it? it looks good not too wide and keeps the nova lines.

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes wide arches front and rear, think the fronts are around 1.25" and rears are 1" wider hence having to get the 8j on the front and 7j wheels in the rear.
    I wanted something that looked abit wider but not like the massive kits you see on ebay

I originally got the arches from a company called SID i think they only made 10 sets though and unfortunately have stopped making them as i was after another set for backup

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutty Nova View Post
    Yes wide arches front and rear, think the fronts are around 1.25" and rears are 1" wider hence having to get the 8j on the front and 7j wheels in the rear.
    I wanted something that looked abit wider but not like the massive kits you see on ebay

I originally got the arches from a company called SID i think they only made 10 sets though and unfortunately have stopped making them as i was after another set for backup

ok thanks, thats a real shame. i think they look odd if they are too wide. thats just right imo