Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nathans Nova Fun Project

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the Porcshe rims. Love the rear widen arches.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After abit of a break from the car at that point i think i left it stood for 6 months before doing any more work, i seemed to find myself about 10 other projects in between the rebuild and i also race model cars as a hobby which is a hobby that takes up most of my spare time.

But i did then make a start on the interior.
    I had a roof lining made up and had the sun visors retrimmed in an old skool style pin dot material.
    Similar to what was used in original mk1s but in black

I also had removed the leather interior from the nova turbo i had and fitted these into my car also after washing all the carpets and cleaning all the panels.
    In went my gsi dash also and i painted up the heater controls in silver to match the seat trimming

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moving onto the engine i spent my time rebuilding the engine from the ground up, having the head skimmed, port and polishing, new gaskets all round and a repaint.
    things were starting to come together and felt like their was light at the end of the tunnel.

Gave the steering rack a clean up also while i was doing engine bay parts to make everything nice and clean

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seats look nice. As does the head lining.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So in went the engine and this was in 2011, after the engine went in i had some problems getting the engine to start so it was left for another 6 months with no real progress.
    At that point i was then going out on the town alot and lost my drive to get the car finished.

Some pictures of the engine install

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After a break i attended a couple of car shows in the seat ibiza cupra i was driving as a daily and got some inspiration to continue with my project.
    I invested in some porsche d90s and some wheel adaptors and had them painted black and white which seemed like a good idea at the time but i got bored of that look fast also

So putting the porsche wheels to one side i purchased some imscher softstars as they came up at a great price

Enjoying the new look i still had alot of work to do to get the car through and mot so spent a few nights trying to source the problem of why my engine wouldnt run.

struggling by myself i had a friend come take a look for me who is generally very good with cars and projects and withing half an hour he sourced the problem.
    I had stupidly tidyed up some of the engine wiring inside the injector leads cover and their was an earth cable lying loose inside, once this was connected the engine started first time.

I honestly dont believe i was that stupid but at least it was all running.

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After all the work it was finally time for an mot,
    With an mot test station opposite my parents house i drove across and waited for the good news, unfortunately they hit a couple of snags.
    Major problem was that in the time it had been sat on the drive the radiator had sprung a leak and one of the sill failed due to it being corroded so onto the jobs to get it motd.

Cut out all the rot

and repair both sides in the end with 2 new sill repair panels.
    Unfortunately the company that did my respray had since closed down and no time for a blow over i had to do the repaint myself I will get round to getting the paint sorted at some point.

Also the car failed on the handbrake which i found one side not to be self adjusting so repaired and took it for a quick drive to bed in the new brakes and back in for mot.

All of this was a week before PV of this year.

Finally the car was on the road so decided to drive the car back to my own house ready for polishing.
    On the way home i felt a horrible shaking and found that one of the wheel spacers id had made was off centre for the bolt holes causing a horrible wobble.
    I thought their was no chance of me turning the job around but decided i should use the porsche wheels.

The day before PV i hated the black and white look to i repainted the wheels in a hurricane grey

Last edited by Nutty Nova; 22-12-14 at 01:20 PM.

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moving on i got the grill to line up and a full polish and complete at about 11pm before the show.

completely relieved to have finally made it PV once again with an 8 year time off the road.

I am currently now re working on the interior of the car and also just purchased a c20xe so i will bring more updates shortly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to finally see the progress thread nath, be even better with the XE fitted. Ill have to come over and have a nosey one day

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw this in the flesh a few months back when I came up to get the boot, done a top job on it mate fair play