Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Trackday / Race meeting Thread.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah its not worth taking damage,i had somebody run down the side of me and push me wing onto the tyre really bad.I was 2nd to last so wasn't wasting £55 on a few points

North Events Co-ordinator Moderator boffer8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me at Harewood today improving my fastest by 2 tenths, plenty more to come though, hopefully down into the 70.something soon..

If Carlsberg did Motor clubs, then IDMC would probably be the best motor club in the world.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Looks good Ben, I liked the camera angle as I felt like a passenger

Club Member Club Member bazzap8389's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice bit of driving there Ben. Great reaction at the end

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booked onto cadwell park 24th august if anyone fancies it with a few novas

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went to Castle Combe again on Friday with the Astra and some mates in their Clio's. Had a brilliant day, with just a few hic-ups. A little off which damaged the O/S, caused by a split front oil seal which wet the tyres. Managed to find another seal in a motor factors locally, so whipped the bottom pulley off and did it before lunch. Then must not have leaned on the tensioner bolt enough, as it loosened and let the timing slip. Very Very lucky with that one though, so threadlocked and re-timed it, then back out.

Last session of the day we wish we filmed, as the Marshall's seemed to have no issues atall with a full on race between me and a friend on an otherwise empty track.

Astra is for sale now if anyone is interested, as I did my ARDS last month and will be racing a different car.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love that Astra Craig!!!

First time posting here, copied from my project thread, hope that's ok with everyone.

So Monday at Cadwell,

Anyone following Iain's build thread has seen my shonky old Nova next to Iain's.

As I don't have a trailer yet I hired a flat bed with ramps to get up to Cadwell 360 mile round trip.

Seconds after this photo was taken, Dog spotted a cat the other side of the truck and the chase was on!!!!

Made it to Cadwell, we couldn't get in until 8pm cos of the British superbike meeting which sucked balls, we got the "Team Shonky Vauxhall" gazebo up and Iain fired up the most pathetic disposable BBQ's I've ever seen, after a lot of BBQ starter (Harvey's brake fluid) we managed to eat and consume a few ciders. We were discussing the weather and hoping for a dry day, we decided, it didn't have to be sunny, just dry.

We got a decent space in the tiny paddock, there are no garages at Cadwell so we threw the gazebo up for a bit of protection from the rain, as it turned out it wasn't rain shade we needed but sun shade!! roasting hot!!!

This was my first outing on the 888's so I took it really steady while setting up tyre pressure, after a bit of jiggery pokery we got to 28 hot on the front and 24 hot on the back, this worked really well and the car felt stable and planted at all times.

Anyone that's not been to Cadwell needs to go, it's an amazing track, a real nice mix of straights and corners, a great track for testing all round capabilities.

Highlights of the day include,

Passenger ride in Iain's car, where I ended up being the bad luck charm and my added weight on the passenger side destroyed the inner CV (see Iain's thread for an explanation)

The guy in the Nissan 370Z coming up to Iain in the pits and admitting he was disgusted at himself for having to let a Nova through as he had a "3.7 litre engine and couldn't get away from an old Nova"

Another guy in an MX5 telling me my car was unbelievable fast in a straight line and good round the bends I just needed to "hook up a lap" which Iain took delight in interpreting that I'm a scheise driver and my car needs to be driven by someone who can drive (him)

Anyway enough talk a little video of my last session, my brake fluid was completely shot by this point so I was lifting and coating a little to try and take it steady, also camera postion has been altered for the next event.

https://youtu.be/FpaRY5UwlDk

For some reason I can't inbed videos?!?!

North Events Co-ordinator Moderator boffer8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So last round at Harewood yesterday, everything was back on song and felt stronger than it ever has done, this proved true when doing a new PB on my 2nd practise run. After lunch and the first timed run gave me another new PB with a 70.57 which was enough to win the class. Really happy with the car at the minute, a few improvements over winter and should easily see it being a sub 70 second car at Harewood.

If Carlsberg did Motor clubs, then IDMC would probably be the best motor club in the world.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a good time Ben ,Matthew Pinder did a 71.12 in my old sport many years ago

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blyton Park 11th Oct. Few Novas, mk2 Astras etc going. Should be a good laugh.