Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is a good every day car ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honda Accord are damn cheap & go on forever.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 gti or saxo vts imo! I'm currently flying around in a gti as my daily mule and gotta say it really is a fun little car. Been extremely reliable and very fun in corners. They ain't fast by any means but are quick enough to get over takes done on b roads without brown'ing your trousers. Mine has a 4-2-1 mani, decat and a pug sport cat back exhaust. Sounds pretty nice tbh plus its raspy as hell and pops and bangs like no tomorrow on the over run makes me feel like a teen again ha.

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Southie View Post
    Are you wanting a car just for driving about for the sake of it and saving money or are you wanting a car to show off to your mates in?

Focus or Astra of some kind for basicness.
    yeah I just want the a car for the winter to keep the golf of the road until summer for winter car would like something like sri or sxi corsa saxo vtr or vts golf gti I have never really gone for a standard model car

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob H View Post
    106 gti or saxo vts imo! I'm currently flying around in a gti as my daily mule and gotta say it really is a fun little car. Been extremely reliable and very fun in corners. They ain't fast by any means but are quick enough to get over takes done on b roads without brown'ing your trousers. Mine has a 4-2-1 mani, decat and a pug sport cat back exhaust. Sounds pretty nice tbh plus its raspy as hell and pops and bangs like no tomorrow on the over run makes me feel like a teen again ha.
    I like them 106 gti but they seem really far from were I am don't really see much of them part from the quck silver one I think its called and that sounds like my golfs exhaust mine pops and bangs

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The saxo vts and 106 gti are identical cars apart from body and interior styling so if you like them keep an eye out for both, imo you cant have reliable daily fun for less. I had a 172 cup before this i used to run about in and i actually prefer the gti even if it is a little slower.

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know much about the corsa c and there engines are they any good at about 115,000 miles ?

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

been looking for a bit now for a winter car found a corsa c does anybody know what to look for on them like rust and any problems ?
    cheers dave

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd check for wet carpets as water gets through the bulkhead on a lot of them and the rack arms for play

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im in a similar situation im looking for a daily driver that's fun to drive on the twisty stuff and not to thirsty (within reason) on petrol. budget of around £3000 and im completely stuck, thought of allsorts including rs turbo, Honda civic vtec , fiesta st (current fav) any bmw manual, sorry for hi jacking the thread just thought it saved starting a new topic and might give us both ideas.
    any ideas guys?

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if I was you mate and had 3k to spend I would go for mk5 golf gti or a bora with bmw I would go for e46 or astra gsi