0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Few Parts for rebuild

Hi,

Some parts I need for my rebuild.... any advice etc appreciated

Aftermarket Management
    Loom for management
    new frontera intercooler or where I can get one made?? (I might be tempted to run the same set up as Andy, Keith etc)
    Possibly some different wheels for track use

cheers
    rob

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Rob,

Loom / ECU - Plenty of options here budget dependent. Can disucss on whatsapp if you like?

Intercooler - Keith and Andys was made by Radtec (Website link below) This thread is also worth a read and has a few pictures of the same setup.

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthr...ET-GTE-replica

www.radtec.co.uk

Wheels - Your choice - Compomotives would look great on yours

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers Kev as always

Yeah whatsapp onroute only get wifi in my room offshore though!

was toying with the idea of like really bright red speedlines for track wheels or just something different

cheers
    rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kev,

Whatsapps not working here just now!!

Not really a budget for anything... Rather do it the way I want it first time round so i'm not forever rebuilding it or swapping/ upgrading things etc.

I mean im not chasing "pub" just think its a good Idea to get rid of the old loom etc...

Cheers!
    Rob

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These guys seem popular for bespoke looms. www.http://www.harnessing-solutions.co.uk/

Typically Omex 600 / DTA S40 or S60 are the preferred choice in aftermarket management but the world is really your oyster and it depends on what features you are looking for out of an ECU. If it is a direct replacement for your Motronic and to just freshen the loom up I would suggest Omex 600 or DTA would be more than sufficient. From first hand experience Omex offer great customer support. The ECU is a little dated but capable.

You will need to leave a margin in your budget for sensors (MAP/ACT etc) and maybe also worth refreshing your existing sensors while you are there (CTS/Lambda etc).

If you want advanced data logging / Engine trips and traction control maps etc I would suggest Syvecs S6 but the price does jump and it is a little overkill for your application. However it is super cool and if you have the budget and are looking to use the car on the track it could be worth exploring. Documentation is thin on the ground but I have spent a few months researching the product and playing around with the software and it is very impressive.

Adaptronic / Haltec / Link are also mid range options and very capable ECU's.

I would advise against buying an ECU just because your local mapper prefers it due to incompetency / laziness towards learning other ECU software's or limited knowledge base.

Everyone seems to have there own opinion on preferred ECU but it comes down to which one suits your application at the right price point - Do you research and download the software's and have a play. Most of them are free and you can gather plenty of information this way.

If you need any more information I will be happy to help.