Thread: My '89 Vauxhall Nova SR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My '89 Vauxhall Nova SR.

I'm reluctantly selling my beloved Nova. Its a 1300cc SR, the shell has under 102k on it, its in the original Glacier white, has the original bumpers and grille, meshed and re-painted Volvo dark grey, fibreglass GSi sideskirts, Astra GSi bonnet vents and 'motorsport' bonnet pins and gas struts, engine has been rebuilt by me, the bores have been honed and the pistons replaced, ARP con-rod bolts, it has several new bits on the engine including a re-manufactured starter motor, a re-manufactured alternator, a new coil, a new ignition module, Denso plugs, magnecor 8mm HT leads, Ashley 4 branch manifold, a custom made Ashley mild steel full system exhaust, lowered 40mm on shocks and springs, aluminium strut brace, 2ltr front brakes, 14" TSW Hockenheim wheels also in Volvo dark grey, rear arches have been replaced, tinworm removed from drivers door. It has a Clifford concept 350 alarm and immobiliser with a recently replaced siren. A Solex lock has been installed in the drivers door.

Stereo consists of an MRV-F353 Alpine V12 Amp, a 12" Alpine type R sub, 4x 150mm Alpine type R component speakers with crossovers and tweeters, a 1.0 Farad Rockford Fosgate power capacitor, An Alpine CDA-7873R head unit.

The interior is very minimal. It has the original Recaro SR bucket seats, rear seat removed (and retained) it has a very subtle sound system install, the rear door cards have speaker pods and have been re-upholstered in faux black suede, the front door cards have been replaced with sheet aluminium and have custom made pods for 2 of the component speakers. Original clocks and steering wheel, Richbrook gearknob and window winders.

The bad bits. The central locking doesn't work, hence the Solex lock, the passenger door still has some rot in it due to not getting round to it while the weather was good, the carburettor needs intensive tuning or replacing ideally. There is still minor blemishes in the bodywork but nothing someone with their head screwed on couldn't take on.

This car used to have a reputation in this town years ago for annihilating Saxo VTR's etc, I've always said id never part with my Nova for less than 3k, but now its up for sale for £1200 negotiable. Telephone 07526401295, I'm in Eastbourne. Cheers for reading folks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mk1'SR'Dan View Post
    I'm reluctantly selling my beloved Nova. Its a 1300cc SR, the shell has under 102k on it, its in the original Glacier white, has the original bumpers and grille, meshed and re-painted Volvo dark grey, fibreglass GSi sideskirts, Astra GSi bonnet vents and 'motorsport' bonnet pins and gas struts, engine has been rebuilt by me, the bores have been honed and the pistons replaced, ARP con-rod bolts, it has several new bits on the engine including a re-manufactured starter motor, a re-manufactured alternator, a new coil, a new ignition module, Denso plugs, magnecor 8mm HT leads, Ashley 4 branch manifold, a custom made Ashley mild steel full system exhaust, lowered 40mm on shocks and springs, aluminium strut brace, 2ltr front brakes, 14" TSW Hockenheim wheels also in Volvo dark grey, rear arches have been replaced, tinworm removed from drivers door. It has a Clifford concept 350 alarm and immobiliser with a recently replaced siren. A Solex lock has been installed in the drivers door.

Stereo consists of an MRV-F353 Alpine V12 Amp, a 12" Alpine type R sub, 4x 150mm Alpine type R component speakers with crossovers and tweeters, a 1.0 Farad Rockford Fosgate power capacitor, An Alpine CDA-7873R head unit.

The interior is very minimal. It has the original Recaro SR bucket seats, rear seat removed (and retained) it has a very subtle sound system install, the rear door cards have speaker pods and have been re-upholstered in faux black suede, the front door cards have been replaced with sheet aluminium and have custom made pods for 2 of the component speakers. Original clocks and steering wheel, Richbrook gearknob and window winders.

The bad bits. The central locking doesn't work, hence the Solex lock, the passenger door still has some rot in it due to not getting round to it while the weather was good, the carburettor needs intensive tuning or replacing ideally. There is still minor blemishes in the bodywork but nothing someone with their head screwed on couldn't take on.

This car used to have a reputation in this town years ago for annihilating Saxo VTR's etc, I've always said id never part with my Nova for less than 3k, but now its up for sale for £1200 negotiable. Telephone 07526401295, I'm in Eastbourne. Cheers for reading folks.

My postcode is BN22 0UG, <Thats for Dean as i have no credit! My Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/dan.j.fielder

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pics ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crossy View Post
    Pics ?
    Add me on facebook mate...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't do Facebook. Pics?
    Get busy living, or get busy dying.......................

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Pictures of it mate for non facebook members?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Added on Facebook, this still for sale