User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default amp problem i think

ok for starters this isnt for a nova its on a T reg micra

I have the headunit wired in and working as it should and ive got the amp screwed to the back of the sub box and all the leads seem to have a good connection, the earth, the live and the remote are all in and good. But when it comes to powering it all up, the headunit works, but I get no light on my amp.

I have checked all the fuses and connections and they all seem ok and the battery is putting out a strong 14 volts when running, so I checked the voltage the amp is getting and the reading on my multimeter climbs to about 4.5-4.6 volts and then drops to about 2.7-2.8 volts then climbs again and so on and so on.

Also I think when I removed the remote lead from the headunit it climbed to about 7.6-7.7 volts and then when I reconnected the remote lead the light flashed on for a second and then went out and the voltage was back down again.

Im really not excellent with sound systems so any help or advice would be appreciated.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Firstly what headunit is it?
    Second what amp is it and was it working when you got it???

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you get 12v at the amp end of the wiring if you disconnect the amp as the main power lead comes straight from the battery