absolutely stunning love this :-)
    Cheers fella

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just read this from the beginning, can't believe I have missed this thread. The work you have put in and quality of the finish is brilliant, can't wait to see this finished. It has persuaded me there may be light at the end of the tunnel for my build too, although I wish I'd invested in a rollover jig at the beginning, looks like it makes everything a lot easier!

Josh

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by josh-sri View Post
    Just read this from the beginning, can't believe I have missed this thread. The work you have put in and quality of the finish is brilliant, can't wait to see this finished. It has persuaded me there may be light at the end of the tunnel for my build too, although I wish I'd invested in a rollover jig at the beginning, looks like it makes everything a lot easier!

Josh
    Thanks for having a read through my thread and the nice comments, Josh Glad to hear it's given you some motivation to keep on with your project - the roll-over jig made life so much easier, and really helps in achieving a first class finish all over.

Best of luck in finishing yours off!

Tony

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HouseAtreides View Post
    Boring to most but exciting to me - another piece of the jigsaw puzzle to get fitted up: Helix 6 paddle clutch kit : ) Big-ass AP Racing brakes next on the order list.

I assume you'll be running the standard KKK turbo setup? Possibly phase 2? If so, I would highly recommend you sell that clutch and run a standard turbo clutch. My car has run 280bhp for 7 years, done about 12k miles and two ring trips and the clutch is still like new. The standard clutch will handle the power fine, remember a nova is much lighter and 2wd.

Paddle clutches are horrible things. They make the clutch pedal really really heavy and are on/off. Making the car really annoying to drive, especially in traffic.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krobinson View Post
    I assume you'll be running the standard KKK turbo setup? Possibly phase 2? If so, I would highly recommend you sell that clutch and run a standard turbo clutch. My car has run 280bhp for 7 years, done about 12k miles and two ring trips and the clutch is still like new. The standard clutch will handle the power fine, remember a nova is much lighter and 2wd.

Paddle clutches are horrible things. They make the clutch pedal really really heavy and are on/off. Making the car really annoying to drive, especially in traffic.
    Yeah, standard KKK turbo with phase 2. I did wonder whether a standard (or organic) clutch would've been better. From previous experience with a 4 paddle, I was hoping the 6 would be a good compromise between a 4 paddle and an organic - the 6 being a tad lighter on the foot than the 4, but more hard-wearing than an organic. Interesting what you say, however, about the durability of a standard clutch and it withstanding 7 years of general wear and tear, which is roughly no more or less than what mine will endure.

One of my next jobs is fitting the clutch - just waiting on flywheel bolts from Vauxhall - so would need to sell it fast in order to afford a standard clutch kit. You're correct in what you say, however, as I did ask the gentleman on the phone at Helix before purchasing the clutch, and he did say it would be a bit easier to drive, but did explain that it would be a case of on or off at traffic lights. My only consolation, I guess (which isn't really a consolation), is that it won't be getting driven around town, nor will it be an everyday driver; but, rather, a summer car for days away and roads trips.

Decisions, decisions.

Cheers for the heads up about that

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think queing to get into billing for an hour on a Friday. Or stuck on the m1 on the way home from the show. It'll be like leg day at the Gym only one leg will end up massive .

Cars I drove were 4 paddle though, never used a 6. Might be ok!

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've driven a Calibra with a 6, a Skyline with a 6. A Astra with a 4.

All where horrible to use, nasty to use "around town" or in traffic, worse when moving the car about around the bodyshop.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Senior User
    Manchester Drives: 911 Carrera 2, MR2 Roadster turbo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Helix 6 paddle is the main reason I sold my Nova, regretted fitting it instantly however my new standard clutch slipped from day 1 on phase 2 and its not a pleasant job to change with an F28. Guess I was maybe unlucky.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think that sums it up. get it sold!