Thread: MK1 Nova Saloon Turbo

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nova Saloon C20 LET

Right I'm going to start with I am selling this to fund a kitchen in my new house but I won't take daft offers on her as if I don't sell I just have to make the mrs wait longer.

So here is my nova saloon which was built by will off here. I didn't buy direct from him I got it off the other buyer.

Pretty much in the same state as when I bought it due to a new baby and a house move. I have put a brown flocked dash in and tidied the wiring behind the dash, also removed the power steering as didn't like it.

So it's as I got it still pretty much.

F reg nova saloon in beige. Been painted this colour not the best paint job but not the worse either. Depends how picky you wanna be. No rust from what I can see on body few little bits of surface rust in bay as this is where the paint isn't the best but again all depends on how picky you as some mate says its good.
    It's lowered on coilovers sat on some ronal turbo polished alloys which look great.

Inside it has a brown flocked dash and trims with brown seats believe they are sport items.

Engine is a C20 LET which has phase 1 with high and low boost.
    Running an charge cooler.
    Dunno much else was told it was 250ish but again it's what I was told.

It does go tbh but my plan was to rebuilt it. I have so spares which can be sold with it at extra cost. Which are

F28
    evo 5 chips
    VXR injectors
    intercooler
    Forge actuator
    strute brace
    fuel pressure reg
    spare full brown dash

may have some more would have to double check.

Now it is sorn and has run out of mot. This is due to it not been used this year at all. As said with baby and house move.

Car is based in Barnsley and can be view without any probs.

Now I wanting what I paid for it back which is £3000 plus I have done all the flocking which prey did. Spares can be sold at extra or willing to do a deal for the lot. Will try to get some better pics soon.

heres my number 07754678126.

i would also like feedback if you think it's too dear just so I know if I have a chance of selling if not I may have to look at other ways to get the money needed for kitchen.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump

Club Member Club Member novarally's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You did ask for feedback, so here's my opinion (for what it's worth);

It's a very nice looking car, but it's simply overpriced, you've said yourself the paint's not great, the engine sounds like it needs work, and it has no MoT. None of which are great selling points when you're asking top-end money for something.

I accept it's not a direct comparison, but there's a very nicely specced C20LET Corsa on EBAY with a start price of £2,500, and a 'Buy It Now' of £3k, which has a whole lot more 'goodies' to help it sell.

I really don't want to be negative, but money is tight for almost everyone, and the cars that do sell either have to be exceptional, or a bargain.

Just my opinion, albeit based on a lot of personal experience.
    To contact me please use E-MAIL to colinesmith@aol.com.

thousands of Nova (plus other Vauxhall and motorsport parts) available.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But coiln you only buy cars to break thats why your always looking for a bargin , worth 3k imo or there abouts imo, corsas aint novas

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by novarally View Post
    You did ask for feedback, so here's my opinion (for what it's worth);

It's a very nice looking car, but it's simply overpriced, you've said yourself the paint's not great, the engine sounds like it needs work, and it has no MoT. None of which are great selling points when you're asking top-end money for something.

I accept it's not a direct comparison, but there's a very nicely specced C20LET Corsa on EBAY with a start price of £2,500, and a 'Buy It Now' of £3k, which has a whole lot more 'goodies' to help it sell.

I really don't want to be negative, but money is tight for almost everyone, and the cars that do sell either have to be exceptional, or a bargain.

Just my opinion, albeit based on a lot of personal experience.

Cheers for that mate I understand what you say. And I thank you for what you say. Regarding the paint it's more I'm a perfectionist some people will prob say it's ok but I just like to be honest. I'm sure have seen this before when will had it say and may have thought it was a good job. But again it's all down to what you think is good and not.

as for the engine I wouldn't say it needs work as it drives and is fast I just wanted faster last car was and Ibiza which was 338bhp so again depends what your used to or had before.

As for mot I'm willing to send it for one if it helps sell the car as IMO it will pass.

But I thank you for what your saying. I also know what your saying about money been tight as hence why I'm trying to sell as no spare money for house work.

I think I may try it on ebay just didn't want it getting wrecked.

Cheers guys

PNG OS Survivor Club Member scott.parker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF i was looking for a let ready loon i would snap this up, as i know its a dam good car!

But like your self im selling stuff, just sold a standard loon i also bought from Will, and it was Gazelle beige, eBay is the best place mate, you will get your money and more, i did, as all i got from here was messing and dreamers etc, seems like heres rubbish for selling cars but ok for parts..

Glws

Scott

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your looking to make good money i would break imo. If not chuck an MOT on it and it will sell much easier GLWS

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHy did I buy a house price is spot on I would say.. Only if I had cash

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vxrcopey View Post
    WHy did I buy a house price is spot on I would say.. Only if I had cash
    I know this feeling just moved an now she wants a new kitchen an they say cars are money pits

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any interest before it goes on the bay