Thread: Mkperformancehoses

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Mkperformancehoses

Hey guys, I thought I would warn you about a "company" called Mkperformancehoses as I have a shockingly bad service from.

Now before I start I should point out I never actually got to the stage where I was supplied any silicone hoses from him, his attitude was so poor/unprofessional and even child-like that I didn't want to even go near the guy.

First off as many of you guys know I am in the process of fitting a Isuzu lump into my Nova, but as the engine is higher and finding decent Isuzu Nova bits are very hard I opted to go for silicone hoses. I found this company selling universal hoses and are based about 20 mins drive from me, so I contacted him and we spoke about custom hoses. We agreed the best course of action would be for me to photoshop up a schematic showing the bird's-eye view and side views with all dimensions needed:

Now after sending this to the guy he called me up totally confused by the schematic, he couldn't work out they were 3-dimensional.

After 10 minutes of me trying to explain the upper and lower sections and the side view showing the distances between the two sections I decided it best to pay him a visit to draw him more pretty pictures. His message:

'Old Barn, Home Farm, Chicheley, Newport Pagnell, MK16 9JE. If you use the reference point for a Sat Nav as Bedlam Lane. As soon as you arrive on Bedlam Lane take a direct right into the farm yard. Anytime Friday Afternoon is good mate'

Now bare in mind his website states his business is open 9-5pm and I have to assume as a business someone will be at the 'barn' during those time frames whether it be the person I have been speaking to or not like any other company.

Anyway due to bad traffic I arrive at 4.50pm... a full 10 minutes before the stated closing time. I turn round and park up, noticing the barn door (it's literally an old barn) was closed and padlocked. I sniff round and check the farmhouse - no answer.

So here is my message to him and subsequent messages (me in blue):

Just arrived at your barn, you're not here. Not impressed
    i am running a business mate, i have other customers and stuff to do aswell, you could of called seeing if i was still around
    You said you would be here, so i expect you to be so. If your the type of business that is in and out all day (something you would know not me) then I would have expected you to mention it.
    Very unprofessional

i tell you what mate go and find someone else to do your hose, i dont have to answer to you or anybody about my goings on and opening times, Nobody dictates that to me. I have other customers and other priorities i dont appreciate you slating me because you didnt decide to call me and ask if i was still around. Check the opening times it says 9-5 you arrived at 5.
    I arrived at 4.50, then turned the car around, got out, checked the barn door and then the house to see if you were in there. Then I contacted you... So yeah it's you and seeing as you aren't professional enough you admit your error then it speaks world's about your companies service as you are the company. I've finished slating you personally because you're obviously not man enough to admit your mistake
    I dont care who you are or think you are, You dont have the mental capacity to do anything as you cant even draw a simple diagram, you think you a jumped up little **** with a mouth on him has any influence on anyone. Think again you dosile ****. Want to slate me come to my face and do it instead of over a ****ing computer. Here is a list of other manufacturers, JS Performance, Roose Motorsport, SFS, Samco, DPH Sport. Good luck with the £120 Hoses including tools you got no chance
    Your the one who can't understand a technical diagram - so who is the docile ****? Come and slate you to your face, man you can't even adhere to your stated opening times haha

So basically from this I gathered that he forgot about me or simply didn't give a toss, he assumed that I know he was a one-man-band so would need to call ahead. I know its a big difference but if you wanted to pay the Demon Tweeks building a visit on a weekday you would check the opening times online and get in the car right!? No need to call ahead to make sure if they could be bothered staying open.

Now his attitude towards potential customers is very poor, both in adhering to opening times and his response to me. I can only project what his attitude would be like should you for example receive a faulty hose or complained if your hose production was taking ages. In his position a simple 'yes I had to leave a bit early I am very sorry, can we re-arrange for another day?' would have been professional and offered a fair solution don't you think??

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After your second reply I would of told you to do one as well

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What so he says he is going to be there, he says he is open till 5. I turn up the next day with 10 mins to spare and he isn't there.

Who's fault is that??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh I would say it is yours

You knew you were running late, so it is common sense to phone the place to say you are still coming but will be abit late

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4:50 is taking the pish a bit with a 5pm closing time on a Friday but he really needs to keep his responses professional and apologise for your inconvenience instead of saying you're not as important as others!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tbh the guy running it does seem a bit odd but agree that 10 minutes before is pushing it if the guy is a one man band, just reading this review he comes across aggressive also...

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having experienced how many people say theyre coming to the garage I worked at,to not bother turning up in the end-I lost count.
    If you hung around for everybody you would never leave.4.50 on a Friday without calling to say ya gonna be late,youre really pushing your luck.
    And yes,iv been to big big companies that are closed early,especially on a Friday.
    Friday flyer?????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    After your second reply I would of told you to do one as well
    i would aswell

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I know of companies they close early on Friday too, I work as a courier so Friday can be mental trying to get to those companies on time. However they do state on their door, website etc.. that they do close early on Fridays.

We spoke on the phone the day before and then he stated it again in the text containing his address. He said he would be there all afternoon and he closed at 5pm. I was there before 5.

An arrival time was never discussed, only 'afternoon' and 'I close at 5'
    I had no idea what scale his business was, could be one person or 10.
    If someone (specially a professional) says they are doing something I expect it to happen, if not a simple apology will/would have sufficed. Someone who shows evidence they keep their word is honourable and therefore someone I would happily deal with and recommend to others - word gets around then the business grows. Lets face it keeping your nose clean in most dealings is paramount to avoid problems down the line, this is no different. Yes I understand most people's word means sweet F-A these days but as a professional company he shouldn't be one of them. Someone who immediately starts telling me to do one after they have gone back on their word just says to me that they would also go back on their word at any stage during the sale process.

At the end of the day I was treated badly and called names through no fault of my own, I would think that kind of thing other people would want to know about - I know I certainly would. If you guys want to use him go ahead, but if something goes wrong and he tells you do one too you might feel pretty silly

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hes maybe thought il give it til half past or quarter to etc.
    In all fairness if you hadnt have hit traffic your plan wouldnt have been to turn up 10mins before close would it?
    As 10mins wouldnt have been long to talk shop