Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Genuine Vauxhall Nova GTE 1988 for sale - Abandoned Restoration Project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Genuine Vauxhall Nova GTE 1988 for sale - Abandoned Restoration Project.

Vauxhall Nova GTE White 3 Dr Hatch first registered 10.11.88

Petrol 1598cc

Asking for £1250

The GTE has been in the family since 29 June 1989 (one former keeper on the V5). It was owned and driven by my mother-in-law from June 1989 until she gave up driving about six years ago at the age of 78. It was then passed to my son who had every intention of fully restoring the car for a track day project until he passed his driving test, spent too much time on his other road car and found the opposite sex.

This is sold as a restoration project and a lot of the hard work stripping the car has already been completed, interior out, engine out etc. The front end was welded and repaired but the rear was not checked and when it was found that a lot of welding work was needed (too much) the decision was made to cut away the back section behind the wheel well and a new donor back was obtained to be welded in. It was not long after that all work ground to a halt.

The main top body panels are in very good condition, wings, doors bonnet, bumpers, wing mirrors, GTE steels with white trims, all glass (electric windows, factory fit) etc. It has the genuine factory sunroof fitted. It also has the factory fit electric windows and central locking. The interior though covered in dust is in good condition.

I have the current V5 (new style) and the vehicle is declared sorn.

This is an ideal project for someone with the skill and enthusiasm for such a rare original hot-hatch.

It has been sat a few years in a very dusty but dry storage unit.

I will not split for parts alone, I would much rather it go to an enthusiast.

If you have any questions or would like to view please contact me, I also have some photos. Please bear in mind this needs a serious amount of work and therefore serious thought, it cannot be driven away, only taken away in kit form.

http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/lynnettelaw/library/

I have checked the engine and it turns by hand, has not seized, it has only done 62K and was in good order when removed.

I also have if anyone is interested:-

Harry Hockley Turreted Body Shell, Nova GTE with V5.
    A front/rear roll cage for a Nova.
    A set of polycarbonate windows for a 3 door hatch Nova never fitted.
    A set of new front upper and lower panels.

Stoke on Trent/ Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire.

My contact number is 07442506480.
    Last edited by Sam15; 28-08-14 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Correction

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sam, we need a base price figure on selling on PNG also best to get some pictures up in my opinion, see my signature below on how to do it.

To be honest if it's a massive rebuild I think you'd get more for selling the good parts separately to get decent money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

Thanks for your message, I am asking £1250 for the GTE, a lot of hard work has been done, the car has been in the family since it was 6 months old, they are now so scarce I did not want to split but give someone with a big heart the opportunity. I am a motor nut into other marques but with an appreciation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need pictures to see what exactly has been done to the back end as the description sounds scary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

Not that scary, cut away around the back of the wheel well etc where there was no metal left anyway, have a donor piece to be cut to size and welded in, the front has all been welded so that's done. I am no good at this photo thing on here but if you ring me on 07442506480 with your email address I can send you some photos, the one I have is not very good but will take some more and send to you.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pics to l06gti@aol.com please

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've added the pics from your photo bucket, just to make life easier.
    Next time if you copy and paste the IMG code from the right hand side of the page the photos show up.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pm'ed mate ��

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have added some more photos to photobucket, just to confirm the interior is all still in the car apart from a few pieces in the boot, which I have, and all the wiring loom is still fitted and engine mounts are attached to the block, hope this clarifys, thanks.
    Last edited by Sam15; 13-09-14 at 08:30 PM.