Thread: Agreed Value Insurance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Agreed Value Insurance

Hi,

Which companies do people with agreed value insurance use now a days??

I am currently with Adrian flux and just got my renewal in and i'm sure its higher than what i paid previously... was just thinking its maybe time for a change. Last year i actually managed to use Lee's cover to kind of transfer over to mine but i still has alot of hassle trying to get an agreed value...

First off i was offered something like 2000 pounds and got the whole the cars old its not new fitted parts, devaluation etc. I kicked up a big fuss and managed to get a reasonable agreed value but it took a hell of a lot of work... hours of phonecalls, questioning where they get there values/ figures from etc.

Just wondering what else is out there... as i am planning a rebuild which im going into alot of detail with and will cost me thousands i would like to know who others are using.

Cheers
    Rob

Club Member Club Member Royston's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use RH Insurance for all my classics, with agreed values.

Just remember that the "agreed value" is a realistic sale price for a simlar replacement vehicle, just bear in mind if you spend £100k on a car it is not necessarily worth £100k!.(unless it is exotica/really special/rare)
    Regards

Royston

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks will give them a try...

Yeah i know i will never get what i put in etc but i just found that i had soo much effort to get a reasonable figure even though they knew what i paid for the car etc it's maybe time for a change. Im just looking for kind of a bit of appreciation from a company rather than slap on the face Either that or i dont really see the point in the hassle it causes etc and if anything happened to it (which i hope doesnt) i could break whats left probably for more.

Cheers
    Rob

Senior User
    Manchester Drives: 911 Carrera 2, MR2 Roadster turbo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After more appalling service from Adrian Flux with my MR2 I'm going to attempt to move both the other MR2 and Civic away from them on renewal in October. My postcode will make it difficult but I don't need agreed value luckily.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Lee... Its just the amount of effort and little feedback i got from them thats got to me. negotiating was far from easy and it felt like it was just a give me money approach i got from them. Even last year when you agreed for them to access your information on all the modifications etc it took over a month to sort out. Even though you had a current agreed value with them they still tried to agree a value with me at a lot less and it took alot of fighting to get a reasonable value.

cheers
    rob

Senior User
    Manchester Drives: 911 Carrera 2, MR2 Roadster turbo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same issue and I know another person on here with a pretty valuable car has as well. Mine was agreed at £8k and then the next year they said it was only worth £4k but they already have your money for the policy at this point (based on the higher agreed value requested but do you ever see a refund?). Also it's usually past 14 days so you can't cancel.

yorkshire: Drives. A3 Sline,Octavia VRS & J20LTB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greenlight Rob! I can't thank them enough. Nova turbo was cheaper than it ever has been with agreed value. They also came up trumps for a second policy last week on my new turbo'd Vaux with a great price and mirrored my no claims so I didn't get bummed. Very helpful team IMO.

nick.

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really^ They told me that wont cover modded cars on AV....

I still use HIC, as they are the only people that do what i want at a good price.. Altho i didn't try RH.

I was told if it's AV at £?K then that is what i'd be paid back....
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

yorkshire: Drives. A3 Sline,Octavia VRS & J20LTB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benn View Post
    Really^ They told me that wont cover modded cars on AV....

I still use HIC, as they are the only people that do what i want at a good price.. Altho i didn't try RH.

I was told if it's AV at £?K then that is what i'd be paid back....
    Yeah me and Bish both use them and have agreed value.... I've used RH but they wouldn't cover the nova turbo and all it's modifications. HIC/Flux are pretty horrendous when it comes to customer service however are always very competitive with their prices. Regardless of prior agreement I think they'd find a way to slither out of paying top dollar anyhow truth be told.

Nick.

PNG OS Survivor Club Member scott.parker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though it cost me slightly more this year I moved from more than to graham sykies (we get club discount) I did this so it was insured on AV and easier to sort after the conversion etc, they were brilliant easy to deal with etc.
    Not used Adrian flux in years as tbh there stealing asshats... Sky were OK.. But started hiking up there prices.