Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting the itch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Getting the itch.

Hi all. I've been a lurker for some time now but I'm really getting an itch and I will soon need to scratch it. My first car was a lead green nova 1.2. I also had a white GTE which I later fitted a custom bodykit and wide arch extensions to before selling for no money. I also had a silk violet GSI on an H plate. (I should never have sold this. I'd love one of these now.)

That's where my itch comes in. What would be a realistic value I should expect to pay for the 'good' Nova's off a site like this? I'd consider standard GTE/GSI, XE or LET conversion. There are some cars I've seen pictures of from Billing and PVS that I'd love to own. If anyone's selling, I'd be interested in knowing.

Thanks all.
    Last edited by FatRS; 17-07-14 at 08:12 PM.

Club Member Club Member bazzap8389's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi mate, first of all welcome to the club

prices vary quite a bit tbh, here's a link to a let that Alex is selling.

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthr...auxhall-c20let

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome...

I know what you mean... I had a few novas when I passed my test and that was when the bug started! Then a few years ago I was talking with Lee about his car, didn't buy it at the time then I just got to the point where I had to have it! I was looking at sensible performance cars at the time nothing I would compare my nova to but the way I saw it was other cars are readily available and I could own one further down the line.

for very good condition novas I would say prices go from 3.5k to anything around 6-7k depending on what someone is willing to pay. Something's are getting harder to source nowadays and also the standard that people build there cars to now are very high.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bazzap8389 View Post

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthr...auxhall-c20let
    Thanks fr the welcome. I have been lurking around the classifieds and I have seen his on here and ebay, but, without causing offence, it's not to my taste. I prefer the OEM look. Standard colour especially.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rob89 View Post
    Welcome...

I know what you mean... I had a few novas when I passed my test and that was when the bug started! Then a few years ago I was talking with Lee about his car, didn't buy it at the time then I just got to the point where I had to have it! I was looking at sensible performance cars at the time nothing I would compare my nova to but the way I saw it was other cars are readily available and I could own one further down the line.

for very good condition novas I would say prices go from 3.5k to anything around 6-7k depending on what someone is willing to pay. Something's are getting harder to source nowadays and also the standard that people build there cars to now are very high.
    Yours, although not exclusively, is a car that if it came up for sale is one I'd be anxious to find the money to buy. That said, there are several.
    I missed out in buying K95VHD at the time as I didn't have the cash outright but bought a Clio 172 I use for occasional track use as well as the wife's car for work. K95 was being sold for £3k. From your post, this seems quite cheap by today's standards?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bazzap8389 View Post

Thanks for the welcome. Although nice, it's just not my cup of tea. I'd prefer the OEM look including original colours but I'd consider others.
    I'm in no way backed up by technical knowledge or hands on with cars, so I'd need to rely upon others or to buy a car already done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FatRS View Post
    Yours, although not exclusively, is a car that if it came up for sale is one I'd be anxious to find the money to buy. That said, there are several.
    I missed out in buying K95VHD at the time as I didn't have the cash outright but bought a Clio 172 I use for occasional track use as well as the wife's car for work. K95 was being sold for £3k. From your post, this seems quite cheap by today's standards?
    yeah if K95 was for sale at that price just now I'm sure it would be snapped up... Not sure who owns it now though? It moved around abit a few years ago. I think it's just the attention to detail that cars are built to now.. I would say my car is built to a very good standard, the shell is very good and even I am going to rebuild it even to the point of painting parts that no one can actually see and things like new glass just because I have some scratch marks that I can't polish out But another way to look at it is like this (or how I do) ... Could I find a very good Gsi shell to begin with (wont be cheap) then I have the Let with pistons, diff, cage, brakes, seats wheels etc and a good paint job. Not to mention all the other parts that make up the car. I'm confident that I couldnt build a car to the same spec as mine for anywhere near what I paid for it.

All the best with your search mate... You never know who's considering selling up

cheers
    rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna need at least 2k before you even go looking imo

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the feeling I had a 1.4 lux 15 years ago and it has never left. Now selling my house to get a bigger one so hopefully have a garage to put one in. have to get it past the wife first

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamish82 View Post
    I know the feeling I had a 1.4 lux 15 years ago and it has never left. Now selling my house to get a bigger one so hopefully have a garage to put one in. have to get it past the wife first
    I had a secret garage it the next town over . She knows about it now though