Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Nova GSi Rally Car Build...16 years and counting...

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toymex View Post
    Would love to make it 5 ,but dont think mine will be repaired in time
    This is a shame mate

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post
    Booked it! Just hope I don't kill it after one lap or some thing stupid...there's a Radical SR1 in the list too ffs...I'm gonna be a mobile chicane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mate, you'll be fine, just go out and have fun, it's not a race it's a trackday, you'll overtake plenty and Mallory is a really easy track to learn too

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok ready!! Roll on 2nd Sept....as my 8 year old kart driving son reminded me..."all the gear and no idea!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a video camera to take with you? Be good to get some footage.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep got a GoPro with a roll bar attachment

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Race booooooties!!!! haha it's that way forward!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nova GSi Rally Car Build...16 years and counting...

An update from the last week or so. Finally picked up the car from James @ Relentless on Friday. The car now has an MOT and more importantly the carbs at now set up properly and a good dyno session. Don't have an absolute power output but the gain was 15kW or 20bhp. Happy with that, it sounds smooth now and picks up well pulling to 7500 with peak power at 6700, shift light set to 7k. Tracking also now done, just aswell as it was massively toe out. The current wheels will be replaced with the refurbed Speedlines I have plus DunlopDZ03 tyres. I can then get the the white rims sorted, perhaps sell on the maxsports. The heater blower was seized but fortunately I had a spare so that's gone on. The bumpers are on but too. Been out a few times over the weekend and she feels great. Only slight issue is the idle speed creeps up once warm going from around 1k to 3k. Doesn't appear to be anything obvious stricking. Wound back to idle screw to set at 1000 and tried again today and although still weak. Shift light added and set at 7k. Just a few things to sort now before Mallory on Friday...oil catch tank, door cards. Plus a good clean down, RainX the screen etc.

Photos of her back home...

Last edited by AndrewC; 29-08-16 at 12:52 AM.

Club Member Club Member TallDave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats one smart looking car Andrew, I quite like the understated colour combination, it might have taken a while but the results do you credit

I was even considering dragging my arse up to Mallory to see it running, with the (possibly dubious) side bonus of meeting Team Shonky of course, however its quite a haul up from Southampton and I'm expecting a delivery of bike bits and chances are they won't get delivered until Friday! Hope it all goes well and I look forward to seeing some post event photos and incar footage in due course...
    I love a good build thread, so heaven knows why I'm here...

My C20XE Rally Car Build

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TallDave View Post
    Thats one smart looking car Andrew, I quite like the understated colour combination, it might have taken a while but the results do you credit

I was even considering dragging my arse up to Mallory to see it running, with the (possibly dubious) side bonus of meeting Team Shonky of course, however its quite a haul up from Southampton and I'm expecting a delivery of bike bits and chances are they won't get delivered until Friday! Hope it all goes well and I look forward to seeing some post event photos and incar footage in due course...
    Thanks TallDave, would be great to see you but understand not the easiest from south coast. I'm very proud of it, already thinking of next developments but just want to get out there now...

I put the recon wheels and Dunlop Direzzas on last night. Got some ITG filters so I can give James his ones back. Also got a breather filter too, I know I need a catch tank really certainly before any stage rally events but I cannot find one with the right size inlet/outlet. The cam cover breather is over 20mm, I believe inlet and outlet need to be the same to avoid any pressurising effect. If anyone has any recommendations that would be great.

I'm a bit worried about the state of the bump stops on the rear shocks but no time to change before Mallory Park tomorrow. Will hunt out my spares just in case.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And a pic of the breather filter and the ITG filters/trumpet socks...

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking good Andrew. I'll make an enquiry tomorrow for a tank. Failing that we can just weld a couple of fittings onto any tank for you