Thread: 13s & 16se - exhaust port position in engine bay

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 13s & 16se - exhaust port position in engine bay

once both engines are securely mounted, are the exhaust ports on both engines in the exact same vertical and lateral position ?

.. its regarding exhaust system routing/fitment

I know the 1.6 has a slightly taller block.
    does that effect its port positioning at all, or is all the extra length at the lower end of the engine ?

cheers

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob-mcgrew View Post
    once both engines are securely mounted, are the exhaust ports on both engines in the exact same vertical and lateral position ?

.. its regarding exhaust system routing/fitment

I know the 1.6 has a slightly taller block.
    does that effect its port positioning at all, or is all the extra length at the lower end of the engine ?

cheers
    they should be more or less the same place. the extra length of the block is the top however sumps are different lengths. Are you asking about standard or tubular manifold?

I know with tubular manifolds 1.3sr manifold fits a 1.6. gte/gsi however the rest of the system must be for correct model of manifold. ie sr manifold /sr system, gte manifold with gte system and the system must be correct for mk 1/mk2 rear bumper.

I think the sumps are different depths between some models so can cause clearance issues with standard down pipes. ( i may be wrong) I cant remember what engines use the bigger sumps. haynes might help if you look at volumes of oil.
    Last edited by therealnovaboy; 24-04-14 at 05:12 AM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im trying to suss out a 1.6 exhaust to put on my 1.3, so that when the 1.6 goes in, it will all fit ok without any hidden hassles.

standard exhaust it is. altho its for a mk.2 astra, using various pieces of gm pipes from 3 different models to make it work

ive tried a 1.3/early 1.4 exhaust on a 1.6 in the past, and it was pinned against the sump, the downpipe needed to be longer.

I guess ill just have to try it, and see if it works.

Senior User Club Member Novasport's Avatar
    Derby, Derbyshire. Drives: Nova Sport, BMW M3, Nova Swing, Peugeot 208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fit a 1.6 manifold and system together. It will give better performance on the 1.3 and will be ready for fitment of the 1.6

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is one thing that always confused me... i put an e16se into a mk1 astra & the original 1300 exhaust fitted perfectly..

i agree with the above comment, simply fit 1.6 manifold, downpipe & system... the back-boxes are interchangeable & the original gte one is not a performance one, it just has a different tailpipe

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there anywhere I can check part numbers for the exhaust manifold ?

if the c16se manifold is the same as the 16sv, then I could use a 16sv downpipe to link the front and back