Thread: redtop rebuild

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default redtop rebuild

Hi, I'm currently re building a c20xe nova the shell was originally a gsi, 1991 sunroof model but I'm in the middle of completely gutting the car and getting it sand blasted, welded and re-sprayed!! I'm putting big money and time into this car, I won't lie the shell is pretty bad as the last owner had it parked outside for 3 years so needs good work but iv new cills, quarters, fibreglass bonnet and wings etc........ Iv also purchased a rear axle which has been converted to discs, nova strengthening kit, strut braces and I'll be putting a half cage in the back and seam welding!! Has anybody on this fixed up a nova shell that was pretty bad? I don't want to re-shell it as I don't want to see another nova die, there hard to find these days!!! also could anybody suggest any good engine mods?? Iv already got alloy crank and alternator pulleys and vernier cam pulleys, lightened flywheel and diff for my f20 box, I'm getting the head skimmed and iv a 3 layer steel gasket to go in, any suggestions on what cams to get and can you get uprated injectors and pump for them? Ecu? Etc........... Basically any good engine mods would be appreciated thanks and I'll try upload photos soon

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im currently restoring a 91 Opel Corsa A, in abad way but worth doing

Only thing i will say on your plans, make sure it only has genuine panels and no fiberglass, keep it an original colour and should you come to sell it GSi's are worth good money

Wayne

Club Member Club Member dgbnova#1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There worth better money as original not with xe and plate kits tbh but if you must you must prob Better to sell it to someone who will restore it to origins and build something with a stronger base tbh

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what your saying alright, like I'm not worrying about re-sale value atall as iv no intention of selling anytime soon........ It came into Ireland with the xe lump done already and the book changed to 2 litre...... I'll keep the steel wings but the bonnet was chopped to fit those ridiculous bonnet pins ha!!! As for the underneath its actually not too bad....... I'm only putting the chassis strengthening kit in as I'm hoping to get decent power so I jus want her solid enough ya know...... The passenger cill is nearly perfect but the drivers side is bad so I said I'd just change both...... Engine bay is pretty rust free but the two front inner arches are really bad, come through to inside floor wells and the boot...... If you look in you'll see your shoes but that's a common nova problem :-D