Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1990 mk1 merit project!.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Been a while since ive updated. One or two bits to mension.

Purchased a Jamex -60mm set of lowering springs off a chap on the facebook page named ''Performance nova group''. Fitted them, But as suspected the ride was far too bumpy being on standard shocks. So i purchased a set of front springs and shocks off conza123 off here, Gmax ones to be precise. Fitted my springs onto those and the ride is so so much better.

Next up. lost the cherrybomb to a young chap on facebook and replaced it with a hoffman 3'' outward rolled item that did come off a saxo (Sorry to offend) However i see it as its found a better home now, Had a chopy chopy session with the grinder and welded it up, Has a much more refined note. Also managed to get it to hang in the right position too!.

Next up was some new sidelight bulbs, As my cheap 99p delivered ebay specials died within a week, So ordered some SMD sidelights, much brighter!.

Next up (Recurring pattern) Was to fix the attempted bodge on my drivers door as per previous owner filled it with ******* filler... So, Cut all the crud out, Made up a plate, Welded that in and smoothed off with filler. Need to get my rear in gear and get the sides painted SR style.

Couple of whoring pics

Stole the wheels off the GF's corsa as she dont use it anyway . Looking for some nice looking 13''s or 14''s to keep it nice and low

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, No pictures to report, However in the past fortnight, Ive purchased,

2 x C14NV engines, one of which comes with twin 40 solex carbs, Irmscher inlet manifold, Ashley exhaust system complete with 4branch, Also a buggered oil pump. The other is a low mileage corsa B engine. Needless to say, the cam carrier complete with distributor setup, Carbs and 4branch will be fitted to the low mileage engine which also came with all the service history of the car it was removed from which was a nice touch.

Ive also purchased a set of mk4 astra sxi wheels, which are 16''. However these will recieve a full refurb with some low profile tyres to go on but im not fussed on these at present as i have the 15'' mk3 astra 6 spokes fitted which are fine.

Ive also purchased a safety devices rear strut bar, a pair of ram air - air filters for the carbs, a high flow rebuildable fuel filter, And currently have a pair of rear arch repair panels which will be welded on within the next month or two.

Also, plans on the cards are to clean the bay up, have a battery tray fitted as mine has been repaired by myself to get her through her mot. However i have a daily now so i can take my time on this. And a very kind chap at work has kindly offered to spray the beast for me, And i think im kind of set on nordic blue to keep her looking semi retro. Im also debating whether or not to run with rear seats as ive always fancied a false floor with my sub recessed in the floor, Or just have the back seats fitted... Shes an occational use toy so im swaying towards being stripped out with a half cage in the back.

I get the engine back in the next week or so, In which time i need to clean the bay up and hopefully get the inner chassis legs painted in nordic blue, The rest will be painted professionally but this will allow me to get the engine in and not need to worry about taking it back out again. Leaving just the chassis legs to be painted.

Updates coming soon!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wouldn't bother with the solex carbs you'll have nothing but hassle setting them up. Teddythom had the engine you bought I suspect and he had loads of issues with them.

Nice looking car but I'd be keeping it silver as it looks nice and clean.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making me wonder now, teddy said carbs had been set up and were good to go. So i hope thats the case. If not ill sell them on and source a 1.3sr carb and inlet.

Silver is ok but looks very dated now although the rusty arches dont help. I fancy a bit of colour