Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nova Respect

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im forever getting into chats with randoms about my nova, usually in the petrol station when you open the boot to fill it up and often at traffic lights after a drive to 70 with someone.

common quotes are "fcuk me whats in that" or just simply "redtop?" . I normally like to reply "1 litre" if its something like a scooby and watch their face drop .

Senior User
    Somewhere under the bonnet. Drives: Mark 4 Astra GSi turbo. Builds: Nothing yet.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an hours chat with some old bloke driving a pretty clean white mark 2 astra... Must have been quite a sight as I was filling up the nova!

PNG OS Survivor Club Member scott.parker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's why i think it is, next time your in a car park like tesco etc take a good look around, i can guarantee you that you'll notice the oldest cars you will see go back to 01/02 plate, ive noticed since the scrappedge scheme the average age of cars is 05/07 plates, an entire generation of cars from around 1994 to 99-2000 got scrapped for that scheme, so anything older than 1994 is a rare sight on the roads, and with the age of the cars comes nostalgia etc, and now all the young kids are interested as they have no idea what the hell they are

And yes mine gets LOADS Of attention, especially in summer when its kept mint for show season.
    Last edited by scott.parker; 31-01-14 at 03:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree with you scott.parker, I work at a vauxhall dealer and we had a sales woman from another branch come in, only around 21 years old and when she saw the nova ahe said " o thats nice... what is it? "
    She is a bit ditsy to be fair though.

Also when you stand in a supermarket car park and see all the cars produced in the last 10 years or so they all look so generic, the older stuff stands out because it looks different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beano246 View Post
    Totally agree with you scott.parker, I work at a vauxhall dealer and we had a sales woman from another branch come in, only around 21 years old and when she saw the nova ahe said " o thats nice... what is it? "
    She is a bit ditsy to be fair though.

Also when you stand in a supermarket car park and see all the cars produced in the last 10 years or so they all look so generic, the older stuff stands out because it looks different.
    Pics of said saleswoman or your lying

I get a lot of attention for the nova, mainly people a bit confused about whether it's a nova or xr3i. (They're easily confused round here and the boot confuses them).

The cavs also get a lot of attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tommy8252 View Post
    Pics of said saleswoman or your lying
    Lol Sorry no pics but its Hollie at Thurlow Nunn,
    The nova she was looking at was C75 BEC nova sport, sorry if hes on here I cant remember his name, it was just before last years billing show.