0 Thread(s)

Whatsapp en route

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bazzap8389 View Post
    We're going to hire a can and fill it with parts from opel classic parts sometime, you're welcome to come with us!

When you starting the rebuild Rob?
    sounds like a good road trip I've been looking at that website far too often.

well as for the rebuild I'm running out of ideas as to how to get it running better... So could be happening soon!

Quote Originally Posted by scorge01 View Post
    Whatsapp en route
    think one van will be enough for us??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm kind of running out of ideas with this... Anyone any ideas as to what it could be?

so far that's been
    new leads
    new plugs
    new crankshaft ssensor
    new throttle position sensor
    lambda sensor
    cleaned throttle body
    sorted split boost pipe
    tried different ecu, coil, sensors, plugs etc

so if I can't get it going correctly in the next day or so it's getting stripped for the rebuild... It just seems to be running way to rich.... It takes a few seconds to start then just goes rich going by my wideband therefore I'm getting a strong fuel smell, albeit rich it runs well I'm not heavy on the throttle turbo spools ok etc, it idles fine, doesn't overheat. Any ideas welcome!!

Cheers
    Rob

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Have you tried a different fuel pump?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Southie View Post
    Have you tried a different fuel pump?
    Hi,

No haven't tried a new pump as it was a new pump that was fitted when I bought it, could a faulty pump cause this? Was always ok before and the fuel pressure is set to what it should be.

Cheers
    Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coolant temp sensor or the wiring to it. Maybe not directly related but I had a similar problem with an XE and it was the wiring for the CTS buggering things up, had to replace it back to the ECU. Anyway just another thought Rob, hope you get to the bottom of it soon.

yorkshire: Drives. A3 Sline,Octavia VRS & J20LTB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'd want it running properly before a rebuild commences? Just recently my previous car A6VXL wasn't running very well. James took it to courtenay who put it on the rollers to find fault with the fuel pump and wiring to it. These and ecu chips were changed and it went back again to show great results with no running issues. Plus it gets setup at the same time so that's what I'd do I think.

Nick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vx kev View Post
    Coolant temp sensor or the wiring to it. Maybe not directly related but I had a similar problem with an XE and it was the wiring for the CTS buggering things up, had to replace it back to the ECU. Anyway just another thought Rob, hope you get to the bottom of it soon.
    Would a CTS cause it to over fuel though? Yeah me too but I'm actually looking forward to rebuilding it.... Gives me something to do when I'm at home

cheers
    Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rob89 View Post
    Would a CTS cause it to over fuel though? Yeah me too but I'm actually looking forward to rebuilding it.... Gives me something to do when I'm at home

cheers
    Rob
    Well on mine it was literally chucking the fuel in to the point it would cut out and not start again until it was left for quite a while, I went through all the same routine as you. Changing this that and the next thing including fuel pump but nothing helped. Took a while but after giving up on everything else and stripping the loom I found the broken wire for the CTS.
    It seemed a very strange fault for what it was but that was my solution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick J View Post
    I think I'd want it running properly before a rebuild commences? Just recently my previous car A6VXL wasn't running very well. James took it to courtenay who put it on the rollers to find fault with the fuel pump and wiring to it. These and ecu chips were changed and it went back again to show great results with no running issues. Plus it gets setup at the same time so that's what I'd do I think.

Nick.
    Yeah I would prefer it running properly aswell but I'm kind of hoping with the route I'm going with my rebuild I will get rid of the problem aswell as I'm looking at management, loom, engine rebuild etc it's just I'm running out of time now before I go back to work. Fuel relay, wiring & pump seem to be doing there job.. It's got to be a stupid little sensor or something somewhere that's why I was hoping when I rebuild it the problem will be resolved... If not It could be easier to trace as I will have replaced most of the parts that make the car run etc.

cheers
    rob