Page 77 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: House's ITB XE build and re-build

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought you'd of tried to get a cleaner shell?
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benn View Post
    Thought you'd of tried to get a cleaner shell?
    Weirdly, this one is completely rust free in all the right places!! The front turrets are solid, the rear chassis legs are solid, the rear inner arches are also solid, one outer arch is solid, the other is just starting to crust away.

This

Is all the result of a poor battery tray repair, Ben seems happy enough with what he's got to work with, pronouncing it "solid in all the right places"

It'll be alright!! wire wheel and a some kurust and she'll be right!!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesnt seem too bad that, makes me realise how good the shell i have is, and also how good the last shell i had was too before i moved it on though.

Fongers crossed my 'plan' comes about and project 'fibreglass shell' will end up in the making. Id only ever have to worry about rot on the first half of the floor pan, the bulkhead, and inner wings then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought not built what a waste of money. You suck!
    ^^^ did you just read that? what a idiot ^^^

PROJECT 2 FAST 2 FAT clicky

''lifes what happens, while your busy making plans''

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mxcrazy View Post
    Doesnt seem too bad that, makes me realise how good the shell i have is, and also how good the last shell i had was too before i moved it on though.

Fongers crossed my 'plan' comes about and project 'fibreglass shell' will end up in the making. Id only ever have to worry about rot on the first half of the floor pan, the bulkhead, and inner wings then.
    The shell I have now is rust free, however the roof skin replacement is beginning to annoy me, half cage is rubbish, I can't be bothered to cut the cage out and put a new one in. It's easier to start again and try and get it as right as possible from the start

Quote Originally Posted by turbojolt View Post
    Bought not built what a waste of money. You suck!
    I know, don't worry though I've got 1000's to throw at it!!

On to today, I didn't think it was hot enough, so I fired up the grinder and welder to play around with this.

It's a nice .5 litre catch can but it's got M16x1.5 inlets allowing me to use AN8 fittings as shown earlier for my breather system.

First up, something to mount it on

Then adjust the hose that used to go direct to atmosphere to meet up with inlet 1, Then hose 2, the outlet with a nice 90 degree on it down to atmosphere

Find somewhere nice for the outlet to sit, will run to the rear of the car once the new shell is done, to keep it away from any tyres!!!

Happy enough with that, decent progression from what it used to be, all part of the fun!!

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah ok over the rust and nice tidy job with the catch tank.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the oil lines unions etc. Look proper. That will have to go on the new engine.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tidy work mate, looking good.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    I love the oil lines unions etc. Look proper. That will have to go on the new engine.
    Yep, all a mock up now for the new shell

Quote Originally Posted by tb16v View Post
    tidy work mate, looking good.
    Thanks mate, not as tidy as yours!!

4 wheel alignment and slick slick fitment ready for Bedford on 1st August!!

Passat needs a clutch too, started slipping whilst towing the trailer on the way home from Billing!! Ball bags!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing too exciting this week, been busy working at Next in Doncaster, lovely job!!!!!

Got this ordered as since fitting the new seat I wasn't happy with the steering wheel being so far away

It's a 35mm spacer, could probably have done with a 50 or even a 60 but it feels so much better than before.

Without having to take the dash out to weld braces in to the column mounts I added these little fellas that I had in the gash box.

New shell will have a completely custom column so this has become a test bed for wheel position, the Tilton floor mount pedal box will be on an adjustable plate to allow for some tinkering, but I'm really happy with how far away from the seat the pedals and wheel are at present so will try to replicate that with some adjustment.

Shamelessly stole this from Dar (with his permission), after ordering one batch too big I got the second lot spot on.

Bit of a pain to bend but looks trick!!

Quick trip to the chippy to check it was working!!

Also got my new, second hand, Michy slicks fitted to the new set of Cesaros I picked up Friday, they along with the orange ones will be off for powder coat soon.

Whilst removing the 888's I noticed the rears were "rolling the tread" (can't think of a better way to describe it) on half the inside of both wheels, it seems that the inner half of the tyre is barely in contact with the track, after speaking to those that know, we need more rear camber. Cue some Eibach rear camber adjusters on order!!

Hoping for 4 wheel alignment Saturday morning, then Bedford Monday, first time out on slick slick.

Oh and on a side note, golden flecks in this evening's oil change!!! Poor old girl is starting to have had enough!!!!