Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's an SJ4000 read a load of reviews before buying it and it comes up trumps. Wasn't really wanting to spend £250 on a camera that some little scrote could easily steal from the car while I'm getting prawn cocktail crisps and mars bars!!

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's fair enough. Prawn cocktail... *YOM*
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck for Brands, don't break it as I need some healthy competition at Cadwell

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the good news is I didn't break that much of it!!!!!

videos to follow.

however the starter motor has decided to die, so, has anyone got a c20ex early engine starter motor for the flat flywheel???

needed by Saturday to fit for Cadwell on Monday!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

888' s arrived yesterday and went on today.

Also tried to brand new starter motor I had in stock that didn't work when I built the engine, for some weird reason I fitted it and boom worked first time!!! Re-fitted my old alternator bracket and tensioned the belt up properly then took the car out go get the shine off the 888's ready incase we have a dry Monday.

The poor rainsports didn't cope well at Brands!!!! they had decent grip but have suffered for it!!

Starter motor looked a bit worse for wear when it came out, not sure what the problem with it is!!!!!

I've got some videos but they're terrible, will post them up once they've uploaded, hoping the new camera makes things better!!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video of my last session, sorry about the audio, will be sorted for Cadwell.

https://youtu.be/-E5qshVWTb8

Club Member Club Member nova_niek's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House1983 View Post
    Video of my last session, sorry about the audio, will be sorted for Cadwell.

https://youtu.be/-E5qshVWTb8
    Looks like you've had fun again. What's with the green Puma @6:06? Mad cornering speed! Well he didn't show much progress after that and called it a day @8:20.
    One day I'll start a build thread. One day...

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Monday at Cadwell,

Anyone following Iain's build thread has seen my shonky old Nova next to Iain's.

As I don't have a trailer yet I hired a flat bed with ramps to get up to Cadwell 360 mile round trip.

Seconds after this photo was taken, Dog spotted a cat the other side of the truck and the chase was on!!!!

Made it to Cadwell, we couldn't get in until 8pm cos of the British superbike meeting which sucked balls, we got the "Team Shonky Vauxhall" gazebo up and Iain fired up the most pathetic disposable BBQ's I've ever seen, after a lot of BBQ starter (Harvey's brake fluid) we managed to eat and consume a few ciders. We were discussing the weather and hoping for a dry day, we decided, it didn't have to be sunny, just dry.

We got a decent space in the tiny paddock, there are no garages at Cadwell so we threw the gazebo up for a bit of protection from the rain, as it turned out it wasn't rain shade we needed but sun shade!! roasting hot!!!

This was my first outing on the 888's so I took it really steady while setting up tyre pressure, after a bit of jiggery pokery we got to 28 hot on the front and 24 hot on the back, this worked really well and the car felt stable and planted at all times.

Anyone that's not been to Cadwell needs to go, it's an amazing track, a real nice mix of straights and corners, a great track for testing all round capabilities.

Highlights of the day include,

Passenger ride in Iain's car, where I ended up being the bad luck charm and my added weight on the passenger side destroyed the inner CV (see Iain's thread for an explanation)

The guy in the Nissan 370Z coming up to Iain in the pits and admitting he was disgusted at himself for having to let a Nova through as he had a "3.7 litre engine and couldn't get away from an old Nova"

Another guy in an MX5 telling me my car was unbelievable fast in a straight line and good round the bends I just needed to "hook up a lap" which Iain took delight in interpreting that I'm a scheise driver and my car needs to be driven by someone who can drive (him)

Anyway enough talk a little video of my last session, my brake fluid was completely shot by this point so I was lifting and coating a little to try and take it steady, also camera postion has been altered for the next event.

Last edited by House; 28-08-15 at 10:54 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First work straight after Cadwel,

Old crappy cheap brake fluid out and Millers RBF brake fluid in, pedal feels so much better, hoping to get a brands evening in to test the brakes out.

Camera really annoyed me that it looked at the mirro so I've gone for a couple of options. I've ordered a new rear view mirror to be mounted over infront of the passenger, the standard one keeps moving over bumps anyway so it's gotta go!! Also added a roof mount for my little go pro.

Securely mounted, works well.

I've decided that despite the burning oil from cylinder 1 the current engine is good enough while i'm learning to drive the car, so the plan is to remove the box and sump and take the 5th bearing cap out and re seal it properly, having spoken to Harvey about it, I don't think I've used anywhere near enough sealant on it and that would make sense as to why it's leaking round the outside of the rear main seal.

Hoping to get that done Saturday, then look for the next evening at Brands for a test. Team Shonky Vauxhall are looking at Donnigton if we can find a date and I want us to do Snetterton, I'm also away at Anglesey for another biek endurance race so will scout that track out.