Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looking good mate I almost bought this but the guy turned my offer down

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you still have the chopped about dash knocking about? if so, can I have it & arrange for a courier?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple of things have been going on.

New fuel system has begun, I didn't do any during photos, couldn't be bothered, but here is the finished result

Essentially the hoses are all run from the lift pump to the swirl pot and and back and I've got the braided lines up to the existing metal fuel pipes, I just need to connect it all up and I'll be good to go. It's all got to come out when it's painted so this is only mock up to get it all working. Bit annoyed cos I bought the wrong grommets, I should have gone with bulkhead fittings but I can live with this for the minute, when it starts to annoy me I'll get some proper fittings!!

Need to replace the rubber hose from the tank to the existing lift pump, and also replace the hoses in the engine bay, although I think I might leave this until the TB's go on, as I don't want to have to do it all twice, plus the compression fittings are one use and I'm not a millionaire!!

The hose is PTFE, to allow it to be inside the car.

Inside of the car needs a coat of paint, as soon as I get a warm day it's on the list!!

I've hoovered it out since the photo aswell!!

Off to The Phirm on Tuesday to do a bit of metal work on this suspicious looking problem.

As holes go it's not overly bad, it's not quite as bad as it looks in the picture, there's no real rust, the seam is bit messy but I'll get it all cleaned up and a patch welded in from above and below then zinc primed to protect it, jobs a goodun.

Deposit paid on the brakes, tyres were lost between the warehouse and my place by the courier!! So I got a free upgrade to Rainsport 3's instead of 2's, the wheels are powder coated ready I just need the tyres and I'll be sorted.

If the weather is good in the morning I'll plumb in the rest of the hoses and wire the second fuel pump and see if it works!!

Can't wait for the Le Mans testing day 9th June and the race week too.

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuel system is nice.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks good mate good work

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyres finally arrived today

I think it looks a lot better!! Really aiming for the clean street sleeper look and I think this helps.

As does getting rid of that green cage!! I could not live with it a minute longer, the rattle cans came out and it had to go.

I realise there is a bit of over-spray, a lot of it is just paint dust that wipes away, that'll be tidied up when I paint the inside of the car later this week.

Changed the boot gas strut (hence the broom handle in the boot) also the passenger door rubber seal as it was too short for some reason and the was a gap in one corner where it cut the corner too tight.

The 6 dial set and corsa stalks are going in tomorrow when I get back from Newcastle, brakes to go on and I've got to finish the fuel system and I think I'm done for a while, although I'm thinking of upping the stiffness of the front and rear springs as it's really soft at the minute, what are we recommending for poundage on the front and rear springs?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So by now I'm sure you're all seeing a pattern here, got home from Newcastle this afternoon and decided I couldn't live with the peeling paint on the front grille.

As there nothing but crap on the TV I got out in the workshop and got the power sander out and taught the grill a lesson, the plastic has somehow bubbled as if it's been burnt where it's been painted before, it's been Blue, Red and Grey!!

I've sanded it as much as possible to try and get it back smooth but it just wont go without me altering the shape of the grill.

So I got its as smooth as I could

I'm a little bit happier with it but it's still annoying me, I primed it with grey plastic primer and applied a coat of matt black.

I'll let that dry and give it another rub down in the morning and another coat of paint.

Got a whole day of car work tomorrow, get the dials fitted and the new corsa stalks.

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think you wanna wanna give it a few coats of primer and flat them off to get a nice smooth finish....
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High build primer at that, maybe it's just the pics but the grille looks terrible (sorry if that sounds harsh )

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    High build primer at that, maybe it's just the pics but the grille looks terrible (sorry if that sounds harsh )
    No worries mate!! You're right it looks friggin crap. I only put a coat on it and threw it on the car cos I had to go to Worthing and didn't want the radiator exposed. With my luck I'd have hit a squirrel and punctured my radiator!!

Now I know how bad it is, I'll devote some real time to it, get some filler primer and really clean it up!!

On a seperate note, paid for my brakes today, so they're being manufactured for me. Phirm tomorrow for shock tower welding, fuel system finishing and oil cooler bracket fabrication!! Good way to spend a Friday.

Picked up an oscillating polisher today so when I get a bit of good weather (well dry atleast) I'm gonna apply some feeder and see if I can get the paint anywhere near acceptable!!