Page 2 of 211 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: House's ITB XE build and re-build

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick update today, sorry if it's not exactly the most exciting thing you've all seen, I promise the fuel system will be a worth looking at!!

I managed to get my lift commissioned early so got a couple of hours in.

Got the old dash out, think most will agree that this looked rubbish!!

This was easy enough to fit, the wiring behind there is an absolute mess, needs completely re-wiring, once it's a bit warmer it's on the list.

Starter button in place of the choke and ignition barrel and steering lock fitted.

Looks so much better!!

Fuel system parts have all been shipped so I expect them in the next few days, steering wheel too.

More importantly the workshop for the garden is being delivered tomorrow so I'm hoping by Tuesday that'll be finished and I'll have somewhere to put all the parts besides the dining room and also build my brother's Audi engine!!
    Last edited by House; 27-12-13 at 11:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking good, think i saw this car around this way before (southend on sea)

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex J View Post
    Looking good, think i saw this car around this way before (southend on sea)
    Yes mate, quite likely, purchased from a kiddie in Southend, some questionable engineering practices on it but I'm slowly sorting it out!!

Trying to keep in on the road until the end of Summer '14. So I can fit the parts (fuel system, throttle bodies, brakes) I want and get it how I want it, then it's up to my mates barn in Norwich for a complete strip to bare shell, then acid dip and rust protection coat and re-spray.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your original "emma" Nova looked great, are you going to go for that look with this one?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krobinson View Post
    Your original "emma" Nova looked great, are you going to go for that look with this one?
    I guess I'm trying to achieve a similar result, but go about it in a different way!!

I'm not looking to replicate my original car but I've learnt a lot of lessons from it.

Cams were too mild, fuel system was not up to the job, wheels were too big, brakes were also too big. So I guess this car will be like a Mk2 of my original!! It'll be a more finished version of than the original car!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good project, keep the updates coming, Im looking forward to seeing it at some meets
    Last edited by ASH GSI; 29-12-13 at 09:39 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ASH GSI View Post
    Good project, keep the updates coming, Im looking forward to seeing it at some meets
    It'll get there mate, now that dash is in I'm so much happier!! Been tied up this weekend with building the engine workshop in the back garden, so no real progress but I'll be on it in the next few days. Shiny fuel system bits have started arriving!!

Let me know any planned meets mate and if I'm in the country I'll try and get my pass stamped so I'm allowed out.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House1983 View Post
    It'll get there mate, now that dash is in I'm so much happier!! Been tied up this weekend with building the engine workshop in the back garden, so no real progress but I'll be on it in the next few days. Shiny fuel system bits have started arriving!!

Let me know any planned meets mate and if I'm in the country I'll try and get my pass stamped so I'm allowed out.
    Yeah I bet the dash has made a huge improvement. good stuff we had quite a few meets last year in the southeast, hopefully next year will be the same.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look forward to it mate!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New bits arrived!!This is so much better than the original, £50 off ebay, might not last too long but feels pretty good.This will be the pre lift pump filter, AN fitting on either end.Audi S8 2001 high pressure filter, comes with ready for AN fittings, this will go in the spare wheel well1 litre swirl pot again to go in the spare wheel welll, mounted on a nice sheet of alu on some rubber vibration mountsHigh pressure pump and aluminium bracket will go on the alu sheet in the wheel well too.Just need the lift pump and the AN fittings and hose and I can get this lot fitted and running.Engine workshop 95% complete, just waiting for the racking to be delivered and I can get organised in there and start hitting some stuff with big hammers!!