Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottcooper85 View Post
    Looking good this mate, will be good to see it all in paint
    Thanks mate!! Can't wait to get it in colour!! New roof skin, Matt black bumpers and plastics, filled aerial hole-rear wiper-side repeaters, and maybe some bonnet louvres above the throttle bodies but we're not decided on those yet!! Goes in good Friday and will hopefully be back 3-4 weeks later!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House1983 View Post
    Thanks mate!! Can't wait to get it in colour!! New roof skin, Matt black bumpers and plastics, filled aerial hole-rear wiper-side repeaters, and maybe some bonnet louvres above the throttle bodies but we're not decided on those yet!! Goes in good Friday and will hopefully be back 3-4 weeks later!!

Thats what my painter said 6 months later.... what's your plans when it's done will it be at any shows or just track abuse?

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many things i like. Love the oil cooler platform. Nice tidy welding on that. Arches look good in red. Painted undersides are great that brace makes me very happy. Youll notice the difference right away. Great improvment.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottcooper85 View Post
    Thats what my painter said 6 months later.... what's your plans when it's done will it be at any shows or just track abuse?
    I really hope not mate, Andy has promised me 4 weeks max and I trust him!!!!!!

As for plans when it's finished, we all know Nova's are never finished, I plan to replace the brake lines with internal braided efforts throughout, new MC and bits, got a rear disc beam going on, with a brake bias valve, some pretty wishbones and hubs painted white, full cage to replace the half bummed effort that's in there now, sort the interior painting out.

That'll be next winter now though as I'm planing on a some trackdays with Liam and his newly rebuilt 16XE and my brothers have between them a modded S3, a VW Corrado 1.8t, a Fiesta ST and an Evo 7 that's just had £8k put in the engine bay so I'll be looking forward to embarrassing them round Brands (yes that's a lot of brothers)

As for shows I've never really been a big show goer, it would be good to get to some and show it off but I'm far too critical of it and would never be happy showing it to people as I never feel it's good enough, a build thread is fine but I always see the wires that are not tidy or the cable ties that I've not put all round the right way and it wees me off. I also look at other builds and feel it's nowhere near as good as other people's efforts!!!

My biggest goal is to park it outside my house in the sunshine and wash and polish it, something I've wanted to do since I bought it 2 years ago but the paint is so bad now it would be pointless!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benn View Post
    Many things i like. that brace makes me very happy..
    I aim to please you Benn, it's my life goal in-fact
    Last edited by House; 29-03-15 at 11:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking good. Should be nice all painted up. Your family sounds a bit car nuts

Don't know if you would want to get some little rubber bushings/feet for the coil cooler? Thought it was the norm to mount them on rubber, presumably to stop flex/stress cracks

Also why is the strut brace square ended?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anti Vibration rubbers are on order for the cooler, as for the strut brace being square ended I've no idea, it's modified from the original one that was in place when I bought it!! It used to have tabs that came up and bolted to the shock tower tops but I cut them off to leave those square ends!! Seems to work!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plumbed the HP pump is properly, ran the car, it ran like an absolute dog, spluttering and not driving well at all.

Sounded like fuel starvation. Luckily I had the swirl pot from the original system and also had enough fittings to get it plumbed in.

Also forgot to turn my battery tap off yesterday after playing around with the windows, flat battery, luckily I had a spare battery for the cricket club roller!! got that in there and got the other one on charge, fingers crossed it'll come back to life!!!

Just my tank breather so sort out and we're all done!! Discovered the first thing I hate about the new tank, cos it's foam filled it took me 15 mins to fill it up at the petrol station!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You got a battery drain to kill the battery over night?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    You got a battery drain to kill the battery over night?
    yeah mate, not sure what it could be though as everything is killed by the ignition relays I've wired in, I've got a battery tap so just kill that everytime I'm parking or leaving it longer than a few hours!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should be fairly easy to find on a Nova with the amp draw test with a multimeter inline with the battery terminal (far easier than the 90s BMWs I had to do it on last time!). In the case of my BMW, it can sometimes be the alternator itself if none of the fuses affect it.