Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2103

Thread: House's ITB XE build and re-build

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Audi don't actually provide a stamp on it for towing, so it wouldn't work, I'm sure you could but as Mike says. I managed 24.4mpg over 330 miles. Some A roads from Holyhead down through Wales and around Shrewsbury then down the M5 and last Cirencester along the 417 to the M4, M25 and home. Cruising at 65-70 it nearly gets to 30!!!! But then some young wipper snapper comes up behind you in an Astra VXR and flashes you out the way and when that happens the law states you have to educate them.

In all fairness it really goes but it's hard to describe, it doesn't Pin you to the seat but you nail it off the line, look down and you're doing 80, it's really sedate and comfy!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im impressed you got that mpg!

Its a shame there one of the most expensive cars ever made to run/maintain (other then the V10 version ) as the performance in them is phenomenol. Effortless power all the way upto about 165. Nice clean power delivery, pretty quite & super comfy.

I work with a guy whos got a C5 (RS6) saloon, an his dad a B7 RS4. There both so different to drive with the 6 being way more refined an handles like heck for a barge.

If i didnt do so many miles Id have a saloon without a doubt, but as it is ill have to settle for a supercharged S4 remap & smaller pulley makes more power then the current RS6 for £15,000 less you use RS246 at all House? Wealth of knowledge on there.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    you use RS246 at all House? Wealth of knowledge on there.
    I'm registered on there mate and it's very useful for research, Tim tells me anything I need to know, he's well practiced in these monsters, you might know of the blue S3 they built with 614 HP, that's next level!!

Supercharged S4!! I had a go out in a Supercharged RS4 that The Phirm put together, 650 Horse, was utterly insane.

I agree the RS4 is more of a drivers car, the 6 more of a wagon, I like it cos I'm hoping I can blat about in it, it's fun, understated, doesn't attract too much attention and then come home get the wife, foster kids and dog in the back and take them out somewhere!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certainly a wagon aye fastest estate car ever built i think??

Dont think ive seen that S3, but not been on there in ages yea the B8 S4 is a 3.0 TFSi, there actually supercharged not turbo. Pulley change & engine remap (and gearbox remap if auto) makes stupid power for a 3.0 (480+ on standard blower, near 600 with an APR blower kit)
    Last edited by Mike; 23-06-17 at 09:06 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certainly a wagon aye fastest estate car ever built i think??

Dont think ive seen that S3, but not been on there in ages yea the B8 S4 is a 3.0 TFSi, there actually supercharged not turbo. Pulley change & engine remap (and gearbox remap if auto) makes stupid power for a 3.0 (480+ on standard blower, near 600 with an APR blower kit)
    I love it!!!! I did look at the V10 C6 but they're in the 30's for a decent one and I can get an Aston for not much more!! RS6 C5 is a start!! I love how it looks too, squat and mean!! hahaha

The TFSI engines are next level, Paul at the Phirm has a 2.0 TFSI in a mk2 golf, running proper pedals, clocks, the lot it's very impressive!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God yea i love them too. But things like the V10s are no joke when it comes to maintenance/running costs. Road tax is is 500 odd a year i think?

£1k+ a corner for DRC repair, £7k for a new gearbox, £200+ a tyre... crazy money!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C6 RS6 is £900 for a major service!!! too many spark plugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    C6 RS6 is £900 for a major service!!! too many spark plugs
    Thats not a bad price considering the 80k service & camblet/tensioners on my daily Audi was around £800 at a main dealer. But the longlife services are only 160 odd for a lowly TDi mile muncher there probably double that for you now

You seen the price of brake discs yet!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seen the price of brake discs yet!
    Yep!! I've been offered a set of carbon ceramics with pads for £4k, very very tempted considering standard discs are £450 plus each!!!

Found out today the engine undertray is past it's best, just found one online £468!!!!! Can see how these were £65k cars new!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Respect for an audi lover. If ur rich keep up with the new so plenty dow to blow this is the way to go! http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/201950830338
    Last edited by EwanG; 24-06-17 at 09:08 PM.