Page 69 of 211 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: House's ITB XE build and re-build

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but you drive like a man through the corners and I drive like a total pussy!!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if you are having an expensive manifold made (Edwards / Simpson) nows the time to decide.

Ben's work is spot on, you won't go wrong.

Club Member Club Member TallDave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House1983 View Post
    Looked at dry sump, couldn't really justify the cost, I know it's not a cost if it saves ruining an engine, it's something that could be done, no-one has suggested until now that it would be necessary.
    What the... really?

Should be collecting week commencing 11/7/16 then straight up to Hangar 30 for Ben to work some magic, need to get my bits ordered from Hockly, they were out of stock on the gear shifter when I called but they said they'd do me a deal if I bought that a cage and a plating kit at the same time so..........
    Ehhhh!

It's all getting a bit Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Kazakhstan .
    Too bl***y right it is, I feel like I might have slipped into some sort of parallel Nova owning universe

Bring it on...
    I love a good build thread, so heaven knows why I'm here...

My C20XE Rally Car Build

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry i thought the new shell was track spec'ed already. so took it, that it would be caged already.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TallDave View Post
    What the... really
    Yeah, What's the dry sump kit from QED £12-300. I haven't had any oil pressure problems thus far. Also, others seem to have had a ballache fitting it, let's wait and see, if I get bored then I might do this.

Hockly said they were out of stock of shifter rods when I called to order, I spoke with Jess and explained I would be looking to but a roll cage, plating kit and shifter all together and she said they would look at a little discount for me. Only fair really considering it's nearly £1500!!

Quote Originally Posted by 8valve-craig View Post
    And if you are having an expensive manifold made (Edwards / Simpson) nows the time to decide.
    Edwards as in Edwards Motorsport?! I have been looking for a manifold and have seen that name around, seems silly to have that engine with a boggo manifold!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benn View Post
    sorry i thought the new shell was track spec'ed already. so took it, that it would be caged already.
    Don't be sorry mate!! New shell will be a blank canvas and we're starting from scratch and doing it properly!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So with Cadwell approaching a few little housekeeping jobs, well not really house keeping.

I've been having a really annoying intermittent mis-fire, sometimes it's fine, then bogs down, then fine again, I couldn't put my finger on it, changed the plugs, changed the 4 pin coil pack plug and soldered the wired to the pins, thought after yesterday it was leads breaking down when hot, so ordered new leads for Iain to collect for me for Cadwell, then tonight I fired it up and straight from cold, mis-fire!!!

Whilst it was idling, I got a pair of insulated pliers and pulled each plug lead off in turn, expected number 1 to be the problem as it's the oval oily bore!! but the only lead that made no difference was number 2, played around with the lead, closing the jaws of the lead up a little to make sure they were biting the pin and plug correctly, no difference!!!!!

Then tried the injector plugs, again number 2 no difference when unplugged, then as I went to plug it back in, some sort of green liquid inside the injector!! wasn't fuel, oil or coolant, didn't really taste like water but could of been, anyway, airline, blowjob, checked the other 3, 1 other had a little moisture, blown out. test driven, BOOOYA job jobbed!! Gonna fit the new leads anyway as current ones are past their best.

Now enough with all these words, lets get some pics going.

Since moving my seat, I've never been happy with my gear lever position, I know I'm going with the DTT shifter but wanted to try and improve things a little for Cadwell.

Knocked this up out of a bit of tube, double bent and welded.

Came out ok, I think, garage is messy as buggery!!!!

Drilled the inside of the tube out to 12.5 so it sleeved over the existing lever, then tack tack

Moved the knob closer to the wheel and about 100mm higher, road tested, then welded in properly, cleaned up and sprayed. Feels a load better so much closer to the wheel, less time off the wheel and no stretching for first and third. That'll do donkey, that'll do!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and engine is ready!!!!!

Just need to collect!!!

Double BOOOOOOOYA

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House1983 View Post
    Oh and engine is ready!!!!!

Just need to collect!!!

Double BOOOOOOOYA
    Exciting times! Has it been dyno,d

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toymex View Post
    Exciting times! Has it been dyno,d
    Nope, needs to go in the car first, I'd love to have it dyno'd and setup prior to it going in but I'm not able to spare the ancillaries from the car, throttle bodies and such to allow it to be done on the engine dyno, so in the car it'll have to be.

Possibly tempted by a quaife box aswell as I'm told the straight cut box will reduce box losses too. We'll see, if work carries on like it is now for the next 3 months then it'll be triple Booya!!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)