Page 78 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: House's ITB XE build and re-build

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't you get more rear camber with a bunch of penny washers on the stub axel. Ghetto vw style
    ^^^ did you just read that? what a idiot ^^^

PROJECT 2 FAST 2 FAT clicky

''lifes what happens, while your busy making plans''

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's up with normal spilt pins?
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Club Member Club Member TallDave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benn View Post
    We all know that Mr House, as a dedicated member of Team Shonky, just loves to get his hands dirty and change the odd hub or driveshaft/CV on their track day outings. This little tweek save oh seconds, also it looks cool....

As for the new shell, it is going to be interesting to see just how much corrosion is hiding under the underseal, anyone running a sweepstake on just how bad it will be
    I love a good build thread, so heaven knows why I'm here...

My C20XE Rally Car Build

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benn View Post
    Nothing at all, just another thing to forget to put in the track-day box!! Plus the SS pins are actually lighter!!

Quote Originally Posted by TallDave View Post
    We all know that Mr House, as a dedicated member of Team Shonky, just loves to get his hands dirty and change the odd hub or driveshaft/CV on their track day outings. This little tweek save oh seconds, also it looks cool....

As for the new shell, it is going to be interesting to see just how much corrosion is hiding under the underseal, anyone running a sweepstake on just how bad it will be
    You know me Mr Tall, every millisecond counts!! When you spend aslong as we do in the pits, anything you can do to reduce that time helps!!

As for the new shell, to be fair, we poked, prodded and peeled a fair bit of underseal at Craig's unit and uncovered most of the worst of it.

As for the sweepstake, I'll put £10 in that it costs me 3 more days work!!!

Club Member Club Member TallDave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House1983 View Post
    New shell will have a completely custom column so this has become a test bed for wheel position, the Tilton floor mount pedal box will be on an adjustable plate to allow for some tinkering, but I'm really happy with how far away from the seat the pedals and wheel are at present so will try to replicate that with some adjustment.
    Err sneaking this one in under the radar, go on then just which one of the Tilton units are you going for, quite fancy the underfoot cylinder version myself...

Quote Originally Posted by House1983 View Post
    Oh and on a side note, golden flecks in this evening's oil change!!! Poor old girl is starting to have had enough!!!!
    Remember the coversation about dry sumping that was had ten pages or so back? Might be time to reconsider that one before the shell prep gets going full steam, might be a good idea to notch out the off side chassis rail to make room for it, afterall it won't cost too much more than the Tilton pedal box (complete with all its the ancillary schizzle)...

As for having a contingency of three days pay for the shell prep, just how much are you earning...
    I love a good build thread, so heaven knows why I'm here...

My C20XE Rally Car Build

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TallDave View Post
    Err sneaking this one in under the radar, go on then just which one of the Tilton units are you going for, quite fancy the underfoot cylinder version myself...

Remember the coversation about dry sumping that was had ten pages or so back? Might be time to reconsider that one before the shell prep gets going full steam, might be a good idea to notch out the off side chassis rail to make room for it, afterall it won't cost too much more than the Tilton pedal box (complete with all its the ancillary schizzle)...

As for having a contingency of three days pay for the shell prep, just how much are you earning...
    The 600 series as Craig has, with stubby cylinders, I looked at the reverse pedal box but we're concerned it'll add too much height, we might look again, see how it all looks.

I remember said convo!! I need to have a think, engine wont be going in for a while, so I've still got time, chassis rail cut out is doable.

As for my daily earinings...................

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the smallblock is coming to play with team Shonky on Monday ,does this mean I will qualify for a team Shonky sticker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll bring a sticker but you need a mechanical failure to earn it!

I'm a little concerned about drive by noise testing at bedford. Hopefully we'll be ok.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toymex View Post
    Looks like the smallblock is coming to play with team Shonky on Monday ,does this mean I will qualify for a team Shonky sticker
    This is real news!!!! Can't wait!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    I'll bring a sticker but you need a mechanical failure to earn it!

I'm a little concerned about drive by noise testing at bedford. Hopefully we'll be ok.
    I'm sure if today is anything to go by the mechanical failure will not be a problem ,my exhaust will be fine ,I'm hoping my airbox will keep the induction down ,does anybody know where the meters are 😀