Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: My version of a 4x4 nova that will get done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My version of a 4x4 nova that will get done!

Ok i will start this by going back a little for the newbies on here who proberly havent come across me yet (havent been online alot for the last few months) and dont know me or my past.

before i start posting pics ect of what i have been upto and some of you look at this thread and instantly tar it with the

'oh its another one of them that starts it bodges it and gives up and scraps it thread'

i would like to remind those of you that followed it of my last major project that very nearly killed me in the process
    http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthr...=76335&page=14

that thread to those that havent seen it is well worth a look at from start to finish

after the little accident i swore i was going to pack in playing with novas as i realy had poored everything i had into that car and hence i brought my corsa pickup which some of you may of seen on here.

well unfortunatly i got board and brought another nova which was 100 and 10% standard
    i brought it 2 months before pvs 2008 and in the 2 months i had it it went from standard to this

i brought built and insured it for under 1500 quid and ran a 13.9 run at pod and made 157bhp on the rollers not bad for a budget build

shortly after that i got board of the power so instead of selling it i decided to let it that was all well and good for a while at standard power but enevatably the f20 i was using gave in in the end and when i upped to phase 2 they blew weekly it even missed out on trax in 2008 as i blew the box on the way there and had to go in my green one which i brought as i knew it was going to be unreliable

in the end i blew a piston through the block just before crimbo 2008 so it got put away for a few months

3 months before pvs 09 i decided that it was going to make it to pv so i rebuilt it to abit of a silly spec and tarted it up a little aswell and this is how it made it to pvs09 as im sure many of you will remember it for handing the ass to a 700bhp van and winning its class and finishing 3rd in the pro shoot out

ran an 12.0second dead run at 121mph not bad considering it was ment to be beeing run in and that was on road legal yok paradas and 12psi

But it didnt come away scott free as i did kill the clutch and that was the start of the turbo seals on there way out again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shortly after that the seals went completly so off the road it came again i parked it up and forgot it for a while
    i put my green one away for winter at the end of august and while i was giving it a clean i came across my pod slips before and after i let it

looking at these i noticed two things first was that my terminal speeds were miles apart xe was about 95mph let was about 120 but which you would exspect but what was interesting was my times to 60 feet and 8th of a mile or what ever it is
    the xe was a hell of alot quicker to these distances but the let made up for what it further down the strip i.e when it got grip and kinda stoped spinning.

so with this in mind the fact i was running round in a cav turbo that only felt quick cause of the masses of traction from the 4x4 and the fact i brought a mint calli turbo for £300 in my head i started forming a plan.

i had already ordered my t70 turbo manifold waste gate mbe management cams verniers ect ect but i have now pushed all that aside for the time beeing and started concentraiting on awd the shell.

did alot of research well what there is out there to look at and found a few people have started it ect a few have gave up some stoped posting info but no1 yet to my knowledge has a nova using only vauxhall running gear taxed tested awd and back on the road.

So it began!!

first thing i did was take a shed load of measurements consider my options and decided not to use the cally floor plan but to semi sub frame it

i will post now what pics i have i am alot further on than this but i am afraid i dont have any more pics on this comp
    the updates wont be constant due to work ect and regular times that i forget my cam but i will update this right upto going back on the road and my updates will be large when i do update

any way let pics exsplane what i been up too

a few pics when i rebuilt the lump and before i took it of the road last time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rear floor removed and sills shortened

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mandatory 24 hours worth of refreshments

basic framework going in

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

note in the next few pics the more eagle eyed of you will spot a lump of box section
    that shouldnt be ther its only wedged in untill my coilovers turn up

Last edited by ste porter; 17-02-10 at 07:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats all the pics i have to hand at the min i am alot further on now the rear is still as it is in these pics
    but i have sinse striped everything else of the car apart from front legs and pannels as im now in the process
    of sorting the front bulk head for the transfer box and rear f28 mounting
    once thats done the rest of the floor is going and i can start space frmaing the floor as im gong to go for a flat floor front to back
    will update more pics when i can thanks for now and comments welcome
    Last edited by ste porter; 17-02-10 at 07:10 AM.