Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2103

Thread: House's ITB XE build and re-build

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best thing to do House is test it for yourself. I used to get tyre witness marks on the inner and outer arches, yet nothing near contact throughout bump static.

Im still on the fence as I went up a tyre size since fitting, but can let you know soon. Only had a wet day on 205's since as you know.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 8valve-craig View Post
    The best thing to do House is test it for yourself. I used to get tyre witness marks on the inner and outer arches, yet nothing near contact throughout bump static.

Im still on the fence as I went up a tyre size since fitting, but can let you know soon. Only had a wet day on 205's since as you know.
    Well unfortunately it's doesn't look like I've time to get this on before Cadwell.

I too have inner arch tyre marks yet plenty of clearance when static testing.

I'll be interested to know your feedback once you've used it on a dry day!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'll make the front feel sharper; better turn in & following stability.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    The beam cost enough!! Well into 4 figures after sourcing the beam, new discs, pads, calipers, wheel bearings, handbrake cables, all new braided lines, fittings and clamps and the work carried out but it's proper!!

The rear ARB is a Saab effort, 9-3 i believe, available from Ebay I'm sure it's BMC motorsport that sell them.

You don't need the triangulation with an ARB, what the triangulation is trying to eliminate is unwanted toe and camber changes mid corner. Camber more than toe in truth. The additional ARB just stiffens the flimsy beam up.

Doesn't look like it'll be done for Cadwell now as the calipers are 7/16-20 UNF inlets instead of M10x1 as I'd predicted, new ones on order but I'm running out of time.
    Ahh tidy, well i've got a couple of spare beams and some time so I may try make one myself.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turbojolt View Post
    Amazing iain can ignore his mismatched coloured car but can't ignore a red earth cable
    Its not technically correct that's why red is + in a nova

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brainsnova View Post
    Its not technically correct that's why red is + in a nova
    It's a cable, it carries voltage, I know what voltage it carries, the colour is irrelevant!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default House's ITB XE build and re-build

Bolts arrived today for the beam so thought I'd have a crack at it.

Bolts for holding the bearings on are wrong, the shank is far too long, re-ordered, should be here Tuesday

Got one side done, threw a wheel on to check the clearance to it and make sure it'll work.

Pretty pleased with most of that. The lines will stay as a separate feed for both left and right for now but it'll be changing to a single flexi to the beam and a T piece on the beam itself for when this moves to the new shell.

Rear discs are also huge at 264mm but the pads are teeny!!! Handbrake will be a mash up for Nova and combo van, if I can re-rope a lift I'm almost certain I can figure out a handbrake setup that will work!!

Track and Road Wednesday for a little map tune, then up to see my partner in crime and off to our little house we're renting for Wednesday night, it's got a hot tub!! Then Cadwell Thursday morning!!

Car is pretty much ready, new front flexis going in tomorrow and re-instate the passenger brake ducting. Seat is in it's new lower position so I'm looking forward to trying that and first time at Cadwell on slicks, Vbox will defo be on, see if we can get below 1.50!!!

Wow long post, mostly waffle.
    Last edited by House; 25-03-17 at 08:16 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't see before it runs a double bar per corner; be interesting to see the underside if at all possible?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default House's ITB XE build and re-build

Quote Originally Posted by BRoadGhost View Post
    Didn't see before it runs a double bar per corner; be interesting to see the underside if at all possible?
    Double bar per corner??

That's the secondary ARB. Photos incoming

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the easiest to make out cos the lights are cold and the background is messy will dig some more out tomorrow