Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member, hello!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New member, hello!

Hi, I am quite excited because yesterday I made the first step in fulfiling a dream of becoming a racing driver. I am going to be the co driver of a Nova rally car starting immediately and with the aim to enter 6 events in 2014.

A bit about me.
    I am based at RAF Lossiemouth and have been in the RAF for 5 years now. The Girl driving the rally car is also raf and we are being supported by the RAFMSA. I should admit now that I have never owned or driven a Nova (sorry sorry sorry) but I am passionate about getting our car sorted and hitting the stages in it. I have joined this forum necause the car is not quite ready for our first event in April and as an active member of the 300zx forum I have found it an invaluable source of information and support.

The car.
    Well here is a picture.

If you search Moray Phoenix Rally Team, you will get a couple more.

I am at work today but we are sizing up the task of sorting the car tomorrow, I will have a good poke round and get plenty of pictures up. There was a big clutch failure in its last race that took out the gearbox so more on that tomorrow.

I will be doing a lot more than just strapping in and reading pace notes, most of my work will be in oreparing the car as we will be maintaining it ourselves. Drumming up sponsorship and helping in pr as well as anything else that may come up.

I look forward to hearing from you guys and hope that we deliver some good nova rally action for you.
    Last edited by tomfomthenorth; 30-11-13 at 12:12 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello and welcome, congrats on becoming a racing driver. I would love the opportunity to go out in a rally car, do you have or plan on getting a nova yourself?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Chris, the plan is for 2014 for me to Co - drive and Navigate. Audrey (the driver) who owns the car will sort of do a handover all season then I will take the car for next year and drive.

I am unfortunately a nova virgin atm, so I will probably own the rally nova but I am commited to another car.

http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/attach...6&d=1384642307

My 1990 300zx. I decided before forking out for a load of bodywork that I was committed, not gonna sell it and lose what I've spent but keep it for as long as I possibly can.

If that link doesn't work you can see it here, it's the red one

http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showth...highlight=cotm

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was having a little difficulty posting up pictures and links so I am now paid up. I take it a moderator will have to ok me?

Thanks Chris, the plan is for this year to be a handover period from Audrey who owns and drives the car to me. I will be Co driver navigator for, all going well, 6 or more events. Then I will buy the car off Audrey and drive in 2015 with her Co driving.

I am unfortunately a Nova virgin :-/ I did the 106 and micra thing when I was first driving. I have commited to my 300zx as a project car, can't really afford another (says the man buying a rally nova ). I decided just before forking out for a load of work on it that I wasn't going to sell it and loose what I had spent on it. I love that car and I will keep it as long as I can.

Club Member Club Member bazzap8389's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello and welcome to the club sounds like fun, you'll have to keep us updated about how you get on.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome to the forum mate, try this link for help on posting images
    http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthr...-Post-Pictures

and here`s a link to the rally team website
    http://morayphoenixrally-couk1.webs.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for linking it for me. I have spent the day forming a plan of action. The first step is getting our media sorted. I would like to run over that website and get it looking as professional as it can, the mugshots are out of date for a start. Then sort out the Facebook page, YouTube channel and start a twitter (I hate twitter but n.m.) Then start necking on doors for sponsorship, and I can use the websites during the meetings. The team got £2500 from tesco mobile last year.

Senior User
    Somewhere under the bonnet. Drives: Mark 4 Astra GSi turbo. Builds: Nothing yet.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the madhouse.

If you look around the forum you'll find that there are a couple of guys who rally novas. Including a batsh!t mental guy from The Netherlands I do believe, he hit a boar whilst out on a run if memory serves!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi enjoy your stay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I read through a thread earlier another guy called tom who has done a fine job seam welding and fitting a cage to a very tidy shell.

I'll have a look for that nutter from the Netherlands, I like a good eccentric :-)

I've been reading up on my novas, if I'm gonna stick my head above the parapet on here I should probably know a GSi from a SRi. I'll get a load of photos up from tomorrow.