Thread: Vauxhall Nova SX 1.7TD in White.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vauxhall Nova SX 1.7TD in White.

First off as most of you know this has been on ebay twice recently. Had issues with buyers having no contact or not being able to afford it both times. So please no time wasters. Its a good car what needs a good home!

Hi you are looking at my much loved Vauxhall Nova SX TD. One of only 11 left on the road! This model is a little different to the rest. It is fitted with a 1700 TD engine and F18 gearbox removed from a 90k Astra TDS. Brief engine spec is.

1.7TD Engine, F18 Gear Box, NA Intake manifold modified and reversed, 2 ¼ inch Boost pipe work. T25 Garratt turbo with a one off manifold, modified governor to raise engine RPM, a machined boost compensation fuel plunger with the white ring removed, maximum fuel limit adjusted, a custom exhaust manifold and down pipe. A 2 inch exhaust system with a standard looking tip which sounds lovely and isn't too loud, a K&N filter with a cold air intake (you can here a lot of intake/turbo noise under load), a rebuilt head., new seals and gaskets. All painted etc. A Custom O/S engine mount using a solid metal elastic bush and and TDS three bolt mount. Newish gear box mounts, and two 10inch slim line fans which work of a switch.

The engine is at a predicted 130bhp and runs around 24psi of Boost which fully kicks in around 4000rpm and will safely rev to 5500rpm (governed to just over 6000rpm) I ran a 15.9 sec quarter with this spec at Santa pod Raceway this year which is as fast as a standard Astra GSi yet the car can still achieve 50mpg when driven accordingly!

This car is a TRUE sleeper. Very surprising how nippy it is!

When I carried out all the engine work I also went to great effort to strengthen the car. The front end has been completed seam welded, there has been various strengthening plates fitted around the turrets and front legs. The cross member is a one off item that ties in nicely with the chassis legs.

The Shell has had in the last couple of years new Inner and Outer sills, arches + chassis legs, a full respray with a smoothed bay.

It has the Bigger TD Tie Rods, servo and rear Anti Roll bar. All the suspension is Poly bushed, it has new Brake lines through out with new hoses and new front a rear brakes. All the cavities have been wax oiled and the under side has been primed and undersealed!

The front Brakes are off a 2ltr Calibra, the discs and pads have only covered a few thousand miles.

The car is lowered around 30mm for the standard look using Tunning Art front Coilovers (can go much lower) and bilstein rear shocks.

When I rebuilt the car I fitted remote central locking with electric windows and a immobiliser. I delocked the doors. Fitted a set of SR window surrounds and vinyl wrapped the B pillars as well as a set of standard rub strips.

The exterior of the car is basically standard other than the surrounds a few small touches. Being a SX it does have the spoiler, top tint and wheels standard.

The Tyres are four matching Avons with good tyres.

The interior is standard bar from a custom dash with a built in boost gauge, GTE door cappings and temperary sound system which consists of a Sony Xplode CD Player with two 6X9s tooked under the dash, I did however professionally fit amplifier wiring but I have since removed the amp. I only fitted the two front 6x9 so the new owner wouldn't be in silence on there journey home.

There is a chip in the windscreen, when the engine is cold it does start on three cylinders for around 30 seconds (this has never worried me and is a common ISUZU engine fault). There is a slight oil leak from the rocker cover, the horn doesn't always work (think it is the contacts in the steering wheel) and the paint isn't perfect but look pretty good still. The car black smokes a bit but you have to expect this from a tuned diesel.. I am being 100% honest and want the car to go to a good home.

One of the photos shows the turbo set up, this was taken about 6 months ago so is a little dirtier now, the engine bay could do with a tidy up (the other engine picture was taken yesterday so you will notice a few little marks etc) I am a little bit of a perfectionist and this wouldn't bother everyone!

So overall a rare little fast car with loads of character, very reliable with great fuel economy however it does have a few faults.

Any questions just ask!

Located near Lincoln.

£1850 ONO

It does not include the mats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that bottom price?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The car has potentially been sold. Buyer should be collecting on Friday, if he messes me around I will be will to consider offers but I have had huge interest so no silly offers please.

Club Member Club Member mikey093's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck with the sale this time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On ebay, ends tomorrow afternoon.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been stalking this for months ... Run her through summer then big build over winter ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deposit Taken,... Yeay

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)