Thread: '83 Nova Saloon Side Project

North Events Co-ordinator Moderator boffer8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by therealnovaboy View Post
    looks like a well put together car. so annoying that your way quicker on the corners and not the legs for the straights.

How do you find your gear selector. yours looks a lot slicker than mine. I have a quaife one and struggled to get the front to back throw on it. HH said that theirs is better than the quaife so didn't have that issue. they didn't divulge as to why it was better. It now gets the gears but pops out of gears when cornering hard . I've fitted solid mounts now but haven't tested it yet hopefully that was all it was. Did you have this problem? your gear stick looks stiffer on cornering than mine have you had to upgrade your engine mounts?
    Thanks very much, yea it can be frustrating but damn hilarious through all the corners and that's what i'm after more to be honest.

I find it one of the best mods you can do. i ran one on my old rally car and so wanted it to be one of the first mods i did with this one. Never had any issues with it to be honest, set it up as per the original and can adjust with the Hockly blue rotational adjuster and the for aft play in the slotted holes on the shifter base. The offsets are slightly different on the Hockly one so you have more maximum travel in all directions. I have Protec solid mounts that are about 7/8 years old now so do have some small amount of play in them. The originals wouldn't work because of the amount of movement they give.
    If Carlsberg did Motor clubs, then IDMC would probably be the best motor club in the world.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully I've got the travel now and it was the engine mounts causing the problems. Id be interested to know what HH have done to get more travel.

thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it will be, i don't have any issues with my set up and so you should have the same by then, if its not that it could be your detent springs in your gearbox or synchros?

They have altered the pivot points on the gear stick to allow more movement from the same "throw" of the gearstick
    If Carlsberg did Motor clubs, then IDMC would probably be the best motor club in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update coming on this soon, its been too long and i have been up to a lot!