Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breakdown recovery via Sky, dont make me fcking laff!!

Senior User Club Member Novasport's Avatar
    Derby, Derbyshire. Drives: Nova Sport, BMW M3, Nova Swing, Peugeot 208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skyinsurance View Post
    Hi Mike,

I am disappointed to read any negative feedback and I am sorry to see your rather strongly worded post. I can appreciate being stuck at the side of the road and thinking you had break down cover only to find you didn't would have been more than a touch frustrating.

From our perspective though, break down cover and your insurance policy are separate, they always have been. This is not a new thing. In this case you have wrongly assumed that you have breakdown cover. No breakdown cover was sold to you at policy renewal.

Thanks

Ollie
    Sky Insurance
    So you are sorry to see bad press but not really that sorry that one of your valued(or probably not in this case by the sound of it) has been grossly inconvinenced and abandonded at the side of the road with no cover.
    So you managed to sell recovery on the first policy but then Sky decided that on renewal that he probably didnt need it anymore. I am sure wben you decided this that you did not make it glaringly obvious and I am damn sure the renewal was no cheaper(I would ccheck this Mike to see if I am right)

Stafford.........Drives : Audi A4 + NOS Nova GT'XE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sound a bit of shiit deal tbh Sky
    (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐)

Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I say, I am sorry to see any negative feedback for us and will always look into and address any feedback I see. I will explain things plainly and as I see it, I try and not 'take sides' .

In this case, the breakdown cover ran out last September, not from renewal.

The customer has not paid for breakdown cover and no documents have been sent to say a policy has been taken.

When breakdown cover was originally set up, full break down cover policy documents were sent but this is a standalone policy and in this case is not actually running against the customer's renewal of his insurance policy, hence the difference in dates.

As I say, this is a separate policy which does not relate to the insurance policy.

With regards to the query about renewal price, the price has gone down by £50 at renewal.

Of course I sympathise, I'd hate to be in Mike's situation, stuck at the side of the road with no breakdown cover.

Quote Originally Posted by MK999 View Post
    I can see Mike's point though, when you phone up to renew, you generally don't sit with a checklist of what was on last years policy and check it all off and as far as a customer is concerned, they have one policy with you... as you said yourself "breakdown cover on your last insurance renewal" so, really, even you think of them as one policy in a basic sense!
    I do see the point. You are almost asking the wrong person as I am very anal with paperwork and I make sure I read every scrap of paperwork, small print etc and keep date of everything on my phone with reminders, I read and check paperwork so I know my renewal dates. I do appreciate not everyone is like that though.

Quote Originally Posted by MK999 View Post

Maybe take this as feedback going forward to check policy renewals more thoroughly with a customer?
    I have passed the feedback onto our renewals team and have spoken to them, we do 'sell' breakdown cover and offer it as much as possible as it is a bolt on product. The comments have been noted and taken on board.

Thanks

Ollie
    Sky Insurance
    Last edited by skyinsurance; 20-05-13 at 05:49 PM.

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflective of the modern world I think, personally I don't have time and don't want to be hassled with stuff like car insurance all the time. Make it easy and get it done, I don't pay people so I have to do work!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest mike you have done the right thing going to aa break down .I would never go for insurance break down they
    Take far too long an to be fair you dont know who could be picking your you or your car up .
    Ive been with aa since I was 16 an they have never let me down . Always been on time an nine times out of ten
    Got me on my car again.
    I know if you go on comfused you can short list qoutes by selecting break down cover. But im
    Shore if your fully comp you get everythink included as its the top insurance you should get break down cover with it
    But saying that if you already had the policy with break down cover at the start if it
    When the renwal comes it should already been included. Hence its a renewal as every insurance ive had
    The renewal has break down in the policy . But I also keep my aa going as lets face it they more break down vans an
    Picks..
    Hope u have managed to sort it
    If it was me id tell them to go an whistle and go some where else