Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breakdown recovery via Sky, dont make me fcking laff!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Breakdown recovery via Sky, dont make me fcking laff!!

If youve got a policy with Sky that includes breakdown recovery, id advise EVERYONE to check your policy details very carefully, if you think you have breakdown recovery because you will no longer have it if your policy has recently renewed, as I found out on Friday.

Car breaks down (blew a boost hose) phone Sky, got recovery company phone number, called them who informed me I no longer have break down recovery on my policy that started on 4th December 2012. WTF???

Called Sky to be told that "your insurance policy & breakdown policy are now 2 seperate things and you have to start/renew you breakdown manually".

Thanks for informing me of that you utter bunch of @unts. After many colourful words were exchanged via phone it resulted in either:

Pay £180 up front & wait 48 hours before I can use it

Or go elsewhere and get charged "more"

Now, Ive been with Sky for about 5 years, policy auto renews every year no problems, fully comp, no excess, the works etc etc. To be treated like an utter mug over the phone because Sky didnt inform me of any changes to my policy when it renewed.

Ergo, if you ask me, Ive been mis-sold an insurance policy & using it under false pretences. Id guess any financial ombudsman would have a fun time looking into that....

Anyway, long story short, called the AA, paid £25 and got a years home start policy & repaired at side of road.

When you read this Ollie, theres no amount of brown nose ball bag sucking you can do to even remotley make me change my mind regarding cancellation of my policy or contacting your financial ombudsman.

Nothing against you like, but your employers are @unts of the highest order.

#insurance was always cheaper elsewhere anyway

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly this is typical of insurance companies these days.
    Theyre all rip offs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Sadly this is typical of insurance companies these days.
    Theyre all rip offs.
    Well its not a rip off as its not as if they were charging me for it (well, atleast I dont think so anyway.... according to Sky on Friday that is) BUT I assumed my new policy (like all my old ones) had breakdown included in the price I was qouted as per every previous year because I had not been told otherwise be it via mail, email or a call to inform me.
    Last edited by Mike; 19-05-13 at 10:06 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like when i got free cover with churchill and it only coverd me within 10 miles of my house. Cant beleve you broke down i gave my cobweb filled 1.2 death on the way home and it didnt even get sweat on but i did see a tigra same age as your astra sound lik a kettle whistling and then pulling over

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shocking service

I can tell you are rightly pissed off, I would be too

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't cancel your current policy as they will charge you a fee and you'll loose a years ncb, then you'll need to fork out for a new policy. I know its about principal but just use it to your advantage, you'd only be cutting your nose off to spite your face, and they'd be getting money off you for not even covering you. get in contact with them and tell them in as many blue words as you can that you will not be renewing next year and you want it in writing from them that they will not auto renew your policy, that way if the sneaky fcuks try renewing you again, you have them by the balls! I've been there, and done that!

Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

When you read this Ollie, theres no amount of brown nose ball bag sucking you can do to even remotley make me change my mind regarding cancellation of my policy or contacting your financial ombudsman.
    Hi Mike,

I am disappointed to read any negative feedback and I am sorry to see your rather strongly worded post. I can appreciate being stuck at the side of the road and thinking you had break down cover only to find you didn't would have been more than a touch frustrating.

From our perspective though, break down cover and your insurance policy are separate, they always have been. This is not a new thing. In this case you have wrongly assumed that you have breakdown cover. No breakdown cover was sold to you at policy renewal.

Thanks

Ollie
    Sky Insurance
    Last edited by skyinsurance; 20-05-13 at 10:27 AM.

Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Well its not a rip off as its not as if they were charging me for it (well, atleast I dont think so anyway.... according to Sky on Friday that is) BUT I assumed my new policy (like all my old ones) had breakdown included in the price I was qouted as per every previous year because I had not been told otherwise be it via mail, email or a call to inform me.
    I can confirm that you did not pay for breakdown cover on your last insurance renewal.

Thanks

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see Mike's point though, when you phone up to renew, you generally don't sit with a checklist of what was on last years policy and check it all off and as far as a customer is concerned, they have one policy with you... as you said yourself "breakdown cover on your last insurance renewal" so, really, even you think of them as one policy in a basic sense!

I have had similar when I realised about halfway through the year my latest policy doesn't have the "drive other cars" entitlement, now I didn't chase it up because I figured I was quite lucky to have it previously and I don't think I've ever used it... but I did just renew the policy and as such would assume the terms were the same year on year and I could have quite easily jumped in a mates cars for a quick spin, and I've actually come close to driving my mums to MOT's/tyre place etc when she's been at work and unable to sort things out and if I did I could have been pulled over and prosecuted thinking I was covered.

Maybe take this as feedback going forward to check policy renewals more thoroughly with a customer?

Senior User Club Member Novasport's Avatar
    Derby, Derbyshire. Drives: Nova Sport, BMW M3, Nova Swing, Peugeot 208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto renewal sucks ass and insurance companies seem to like slipping things out whilst not informing you but still helping themselves to your hard earned.
    I had the same with Adrian Sux Ass. They kindly renewed my policy and failed to inform me that they had removed my agreed valuation. I kindly cancelled and told them where they could stick their fcuking insurance and I would never deal them again.
    I have been using RH Insurance for three years and so far they have been excellent. No or hardly any annual increase, renewal letter sent in plenty of time, no admin fee for changes(ie, cherished transfer), NO auto renewal, friendly service etc etc.