Thread: My old novas and my present GSI 2.0 16v

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My old novas and my present GSI 2.0 16v

I would love to hear if any one knows anything about the cars before or after I had them. Thanks

My nova obsession started when i was 16 and i got a 1.3 SR for my first car it came from a salvage yard as it had light damage, it cost £900 at the time a good one was £3k and being only 16 i didnt have that sort of money!
    a few months later i was 17 and just over a month after that i had passed my test and was on the road insurance was just over £1k back then. I didnt drink or smoke so all of my money at the time went into this car but it was more than worth it IMO.

After a year of ownership

After aprox 2 & 1/2 years of ownership the car had 16ich alloys, EBC 16v brakes, RS2000 skirts, Nova dose bumpers, webber carb, pmc exhaust system, gmax kit, griffiths quick shift, sound system, 4x cav gsi head rests and many other mods

I sold my SR for just under £2k to a lad who lived in dartford, this was to be his first car, I didnt see the car again.
    I changed to the white R5 Turbo aprox 180 BHP at 19 kept me happy but poor after that came a rover 216 GTI.
    Last edited by ASH GSI; 16-01-14 at 06:41 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 2nd nova was a Red Gsi that came from new romney, i paid £600 for the car as it was in a bit of a bad way at the time a nice Gsi would have been around £2k.
    When i got the car

It went into the body shop for 3 months, i went to visit the project every week

Finished result with hand made metal rear arches just a bit wider than standard, smooth tailgate that was as good as a mirror. the novadose kit was even smoothed more.

I sold the car for around £2.5k after aprox a year and over the years to come it was seen online for sale a few more times. I think one of the new owners fitted quad rear lights and a bonnet scoop not to my taste but i suppose it was that sort of car
    Last edited by ASH GSI; 19-04-13 at 11:22 AM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the same time as the Red GSI i also had a 2.0 16v SR with a star chip, head work and cams.
    I got this car from a friend, Marc smith.

At this point i was 21 and wanted a change from novas so i swapped this SR for a 16v mk 2 golf gti that was a demo car for a powerflow dealer on the south coast area. I think the car went on to also be used as a demo/track car but i may be wrong.
    I went on to own a rover 220 coupe and by 22 i had a porsche
    Last edited by ASH GSI; 19-04-13 at 01:45 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After owning many interesting cars and now 30 years old i had been thinking about going back to a nova just for a bit of fun (not as a main car just a toy), i kept looking online and one day this GSI came up aprox october 2012, it was just what i was looking for i had even insured the car before i went to look at it. the car came from Frank Henderson in wiltshire (a member on here) who had the car for many years and wanted it to go to a good home.

unlike my other novas this one will not be subject to a body kit, them days are long gone but they were fun at the time.

I now plan to just keep up Franks good work and keep the car as a nice clean example.

Engine
    1998 C20XE
    Twin Weber 45 Carburettors
    Webcon engine management system
    Solid state fuel pump
    Magnecor competition plug leads
    Magnex Full Stainless exhaust
    Heat wrapped exhaust manifold
    Roose motorsport coolant hose kit
    Cool running thermostat
    Uprated alloy engine mounts

Transmission
    F20 Gearbox
    Uprated drive shafts
    Rose jointed gear linkage

Suspension / Chassis
    FK coil over kit with higher poundage C20XE front springs
    Powerflex bush kit front & rear
    Harry Hockley engine bay strengthening kit & seam welding

Brakes
    Vectra V6 288mm front brakes with drilled & grooved discs
    Goodridge brake hoses

Wheels & Tyres
    Speedline Alessio alloys

Exterior
    Vectra rear door handles fitted flush in front doors
    Removed front side repeaters
    Novatech Alloy fuel filler cap

Interior
    Momo Course steering wheel

Last edited by ASH GSI; 19-04-13 at 06:10 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stunning mate, im the same i had a few novas and corsa's about 6 years ago, now just baught myself a 2.0l 16v gsi...soo to have LET, i honestly think novas are going to go up in price nowadays

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smitsturbo View Post
    stunning mate, im the same i had a few novas and corsa's about 6 years ago, now just baught myself a 2.0l 16v gsi...soo to have LET, i honestly think novas are going to go up in price nowadays
    Thanks mate, yes i wanted to get one before they all rust away or go silly in price, i dont have the time to build one so when this came up i had to have it.
    ive not used it this year yet but will get it out ofthe garage soon!

PNG OS Survivor Club Member scott.parker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Franks old car, lovely car, hope you enjoy it and don't do anything to stupid, as it's one of not many left now.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful car mate, take care of it! The only thing i dont agree with are the door handles, never thought they look right on a nova!

Im another one looking to return to nova ownership. Sold (well, swapped) my white gsi back in '08 and it didnt take me long to regret it!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by staggy_gsi View Post
    Beautiful car mate, take care of it! The only thing i dont agree with are the door handles, never thought they look right on a nova!

Im another one looking to return to nova ownership. Sold (well, swapped) my white gsi back in '08 and it didnt take me long to regret it!
    Thanks, I must admit I would rather have the standard nova door handles but the car was too good to pass up.
    The longer you leave it the harder it will be to get a good one so start looking

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loving the mg maestro in the first pic!! Very nice silk violet gsi that though.