Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance Court Ruling - worth a read

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I give the reg and they tell me the details and I say yes,yes,yes so I'd say the plate is enough

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And he insured it for 20k. Would be different if he insured it for standard a4 money and tried to claim 20k.

If the value you give insurance companies Ian irrelevant why do companies ask?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that the owner is innocent. He's a mug for not insuring a car like that on a agreed value policy.

Hull, East Yorkshire. Drives: Vectra V6 'rusty bus'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brainsnova View Post
    I give the reg and they tell me the details and I say yes,yes,yes so I'd say the plate is enough

This ^^^

I imagine this is what most people do, he will probably have been thinking well ive given them the reg and theyve insured it so it cant be wrong!

If thats the case then id say its harsh, but if its been done deliberate then bollox to him, lets hope this makes all the "ive insured my standard 1.0 for £50 fully comp, even though its fully modded, running a plate that tells the world its a turbo, and has a 300+ bhp turbo engine" nobs, think twice and actually declare and insure them properly!

Id be willing to bet that the cars details were simply put onto the dvla's database incorrectly, i know a subaru impreza locally that is on the logbook as a 'sport' therefore non-turbo, yet its actually a wrongly registered wrx sti, the lad who owns it is about 18 and has got fully comp cover for about £1200