Thread: twin 40a and other mk2 bits

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default twin 40a and other mk2 bits

Having a clearout, all items are in reasonable condition but none are mint. Prices do not include postage if required.

Twin 40s (will get a pic tomorrow) with manifold. I will look out the jetting etc and give more details with the pic. £225

Bonnet in Star silver, dented and with a few minor scratches. Has vents and pins £20

Guages for oil pressure and temp. I have not got the diagram for wiring and didn't take note how they were wired when I removed them from the car. There is sender unit whch is included too. £25 ono
    Gte side skirts, need a paint SOLD, Red, silver and blue mk2 grills £15 each, electric window mechanisms with motors £20 the pair, silver mk spoiler and I also have bright green one, all with pins £20 each.
    Mk2 bumpers need a tidy up, flame red, matt Black with front splitter holes for bonnet pins, instead of having strengthener it can be fitted just with the bits that go into chasis to save wieght, up to buyer? And Blue but need a complete paint mk2 bumpers. £20 per bumper
    Set of mk2 mudgaurds £20

Balck glass, rear and rear passenger sides. There are a few tiny sctratches but hardly noticable unless your looking for them. Rubber on the rear one needs a clean. £40 the set

Sorry for picture quality but climbing over everything is a nightmare! if you need specific pictures, let me know. There will be loads more to follow.
    Last edited by marc69; 29-03-13 at 10:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pmd you about the skirts

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi do you have none painted mk2 bumpers

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what engine were the carbs off?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ivauxhallkyle View Post
    Hi do you have none painted mk2 bumpers
    No, but the matt blac k and blue ones will probably come off with petrol and elbow grease.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd1986 View Post
    what engine were the carbs off?
    The carbs came with a 1.4 when it was a non runner. I got the car going but they are ffar too richly jetted and sooted up the plugs. Once I ge a pic ofthem I'll list the jets and choke etc. I was thinking at one point of gettin g them jetted correctly as they sound amazing.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they do, i had a set on a 16v golf last year and it gave me a tingle when i booted it down the road

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weber carbs both with 40DCOE151 8M written on them. Jetsizes =main132/emulsion F11/idle 45F9/air corrector 155/pump jet40/choke32/auxventure 4.5
    There are no trumpets but there is the matching manifold(square ports) with the four rubber gaskets. I made an adaptor for a corsa bthrottle cable
    I used them for a few days last June after some work settingthem up, they drove fine and sounded amazing but are far too rich for a 1.4 sosooted up the plugs.

Whole lot £225 complete plus postage

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Several sets of rear lights, some painted red like eurolights and one set with the bottom half black. £15 per pair plus postage

Rear spoiler, green mk2 with ppins, flame red mk1 with no pins. I had it fitted with areldite. The red one will need touching up or repainting, there are some small cracks in the paint from when it was being removed.
    £20 each

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMP 6 point half cage, the rear feet had been removed so i made some when i fitted the cage, seen in 2nd pic. The cage will need to go by the weekend or it will be left in the car in long term storage as I have nowhere to store the cage. It could do with a rub down and paint to make it pretty. £120 ono

For any items, if it is easier or cheaper for you to arrange a courier instead of postage, that's fine.