Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Difference in GTE/GSi dash clocks.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kent14sr View Post
    As above, and you can identify GTE clocks aside from SR 6 dial clocks as they have a low fuel warning light
    My SR has the low fuel warning light and I think all SRs post 87 did till the mk2

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leeboo View Post
    Yes. Basically wondering though did any late GTE's come with the lights or did any early GSi's come with the gauges. In which case I could end up with the wrong plug/fitment.

I guess they probably didn't overlap though.
    All GTEs had gauges.

Hull, East Yorkshire. Drives: Vectra V6 'rusty bus'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All GTE's and GSi clocks have six dials, 'some' SRi's also had six dial clocks but it was rare as it was an expensive option!

Mk1 SR's had six dial clocks, mk2 SR/SRi's as standard didnt (unless opted at purchase on the SRi)

Also the plug is two pins smaller on the mk1 clockset, a mk2 plug wont fit, and vice versa!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marc69 - great. And do you know if all GSi's had the lights for batt/oil? None came with gauges like the gte?

Spudly, the Gte had 6 dials yes but the gsi had two of these replaced with warning lights for batt/oil if I'm right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leeboo View Post
    Spudly, the Gte had 6 dials yes but the gsi had two of these replaced with warning lights for batt/oil if I'm right.

Nope, if they had the lights instead of the guages, then they would be four dial clocks, GSi was pretty much the same spec as the GTE, just facelifted, they had six dial clocks

GSi clocks..

GTE clocks..

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, those pictures have made it much clearer to me thanks, I never noticed the facelift on the GSi clocks! So what Nova came with the same clocks as the gsi (top pic), except with the lights for batt/oil instead of gauges? As thats what i had in my old mk2 nova. I thought maybe SR but didn't all mk2 SR's have the white bits on the dials.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye, all SR/SRi's on a mk2 had big white rings on their clocks, tbh ive never seen GSi type clocks without the oil and battery guages before now, granted ive only seen a few h'actual GSi's but all the ones i have, have had six dial clocks as factory fit!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm. Bit of a mystery . If I find a pic of the ones I had I'll throw it up. Anyways cheers for the replies everyone - pretty clear on what I need now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and if you want to be really flash, you can transfer the 'white' speedo and rev counter from a mk2 SR into the GSI's instrument panel. Thus giving you white dialled 6 gauge dash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Stanley View Post
    and if you want to be really flash, you can transfer the 'white' speedo and rev counter from a mk2 SR into the GSI's instrument panel. Thus giving you white dialled 6 gauge dash.

Or find the very rare ones that came like that as a factory option on the SRi

*EDIT*

On closer inspection via google, it seems those pictured are vaughans, and theyre a homebrew set, but they look exactly as the six dial SRi ones did/do, i know they exist(ed) as my mate had a black SRi years back, K474LHW (god thats quite sad i remember the reg ) and it had the six dial clocks and door and quarter cappings aswell, he bought it from an old lady so i doubt she had been changing interior panels and swapping her clocks about