Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast

Thread: Irmscher Sprint C Replica C20LET

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How the hell can a expensive paint job that took bloody ages deteriorate so quickly after only a year, the company really need to sort this out as they messed you about long enough before if remember correctly.

This is one of the reasons I stopped with the doing up of cars, really hard to find decent trustworthy people, by the time you eventually do its cost a fecking fortune, hope you get this sorted for the show season.
    I love this car btw

yorkshire: Drives. A3 Sline,Octavia VRS & J20LTB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely gutted to hear your having paint related issues again! Car looked fantastic last year I'm afraid to say their is only one way they could possibly guarantee you will have no further issues and that's to bare metal the shell and start again.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nick, please for the love of PNG help twag out, every car you've ever had painted put most expensive brand new cars to shame

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TWAG View Post
    When i said original discs, i ment from my wilwood set up.
    Ah I see. I have a spare set of those nearly new if you need any. I got rid and run Mini Cooper D discs now, as the Wilwood ones as well as being very close also don't quite run through the centre of the calliper.

yorkshire: Drives. A3 Sline,Octavia VRS & J20LTB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Southie View Post
    Nick, please for the love of PNG help twag out, every car you've ever had painted put most expensive brand new cars to shame

Cheers Dave, but really the best advice I can give is above. After all twags work I know it will be a real headache but if it was mine and I wanted it mint then I'd strip it and have the affected areas media/glass blasted to remove all the paint/materials on the car. I honestly cannot see how the bodyshop can guarantee it otherwise.

Nick.

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cant believe it.

I love how all painter's first reactions are 'I need to speak with the paint supplier', when what they actually mean is 'I need to go and slap the person who prepped it'

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to cut ties with this guy and take it somewhere else I strongly recommend Nick Gwinnett at Nuffield Accident Repair in Poole. His work is as good as it gets.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Personally Twag has been messed about and ripped off, this sort of think boils my piss, we all work damn hard for hobbies and for Cowboys in any trade to piss people about is utter shit... Yes a rant but bloody worth it after this total total mess.

Ben seems to know the guys who've done this job as I remember him commenting that he had correspondence with them, please Ben make me understand this company because I certainly would give them a mega wide birth... Second rant over!!!

Senior User
    southampton, Drives,sm2'd, t3'd let nova. which collects dust in a garage!.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to cut ties at this point as it would be 3k down the drain.
    It is such a shame though as things like this can cause you to throw the towel in.
    Mate is there any things you would change again? ie use it as an opportunity to strip the car down and get things 100% how you want them?.

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Southie View Post
    Ben seems to know the guys who've done this job as I remember him commenting that he had correspondence with them, please Ben make me understand this company because I certainly would give them a mega wide birth... Second rant over!!!
    They are the bodyshop i use. I know them all everywell.

I'll be honest, i'm gutted to see this happen, as the first time the car was in i was very disappointed with them and the mistakes that where made with the car. Well more embarrassed really.
    As i had recommended them. I warned Craig that they will be late, as they always are. They always have been and will always be utter shit with time. But there work will always be 100% and if there is every a problem, they will fix it. They can and do a fantastic job. Which they will on this.
    Which they will in this case.
    I think they where shocked to see it too after such a time.

The car was taken to bare metal the first time, due to 1k paint. And yes i do fully agree with Nick, that it will need it again. Which is what i believe the bodyshop are already thinking.
    Sadly the guy that painted has left now. But i've seen and fixed this type of solvent pop before and bare metal is always how its been done before. So will need to be this time.
    But i'm sure they will be talking it all over with Craig soon.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce