Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: snow.............

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    TBH for the couple of days snow we get every year, its really not worth spending a few hundred quid on special measures. Either just drive carefully, or if you're incapable of doing that, take a days leave or work from home. Sure if you live somewhere out in the sticks or on a hill then yeah, you may need to invest in some decent kit, but most of us should be able to get by.
    This^.

One of the MD's at work sent an email out today saying that anyone who doesnt feel safe driving in this weather should go home early. Turns out, said MD who's got a Q7 company car didnt even turn up for work today because his 10 mile drive was to much. My 34 mile drive is to much on a good day

Although the M6 was deserted at 6.30 this morning so I got my hoon hat on & arrived 20 minutes early & then spent 2 hours driving back home :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Southie View Post
    The snows hardly hitting that hard here "Keighley" it's supposed to be heavier over night though but I'm not bothered really as I can walk to work Monday... Worst thing is I might be the only one there and have no key for the premises
    It did up on the tops on Monday matey, still snowing here at the moment but its sideways snow

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 16xe_chris View Post
    It did up on the tops on Monday matey, still snowing here at the moment but its sideways snow
    I've just been to the shop and fell lane is still clear

Hull, East Yorkshire. Drives: Vectra V6 'rusty bus'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our sprinkle has turned into a 'bit'

Seen as how normally, id be trashed by now on a friday night and have my cowboy hat on texting Andy shizzle like 'yeehhhaaaaa, im gerrin blasted me'

And im not, i thought id go out on my bike

Going out trail on the left, coming home on the right, about an hour and half between the two...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some jeb has just spent the last 5 mins polishing the road with his car whilst trying to drive away from the neighbours house

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was out earlier and the roads are fine but some people doing 20 already so I just flew past doing 30mph on the dot

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its been snowing pretty hard in Hinckey. Handbrake turn weather, oh yeah!
    Any I pissed on my mates Nissan 200SX turbo in my Nova...Rear wheel drive is seriously pants in the snow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My car and road this morning...I spent 5 mins outside taking pics then went inside for the rest of the day.

Club Member Club Member Pistol Pete's Avatar
    Swindoncestershire Building: A Breeze Blue XE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did chuckle, as i left work yesterday one of the managers from the opposite shift told me that his wife got stuck for 2 hours earlier. I went home using the same bit of road....20mins after leaving i was home!! I cant help thinking that its peoples lack of skill that gets them into bother when driving in snow. Simple rule, leave the car at home as suggested!!

(note: before anyone queries why i had my car, there was a pitiful dusting @ 5am yesterday morning!! I was genuinely shocked when i came out at 11:30 to see all the snow!)
    My Rebuild

They're over there with their new toys. Someone brought them in. No idea who bought them though.....

Senior User Club Member Novasport's Avatar
    Derby, Derbyshire. Drives: Nova Sport, BMW M3, Nova Swing, Peugeot 208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just seen a Bmw come flying round a corner off a cleared road onto a snow covered side road. Now either he is stupid and going too fast or stupid and trying to get a run up at the slight incline. Obviously he lost the back end, slammed on the anchors which made it worse and his back wheel slammed into the kerb. He then spends the next few minutes spinning away trying to get up the slight incline.
    Now if he had any sense he would have taken the road that runs parallel to that one which, as a bus route has been cleared and salted. That would have taken him to the other end of the road avoiding the incline and banging his lovely M Sport rims.
    Muppet!