Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Scalextric?

Anybody on here into this?

I've had a thought today of getting all my old stuff out of the attic and seeing if it still works and try and make a massive track in my garage sad i know but it'll give me something to do. When i was a kid me and my brother had LOADS of the stuff, was the vintage type (must be at least 40 years old now). I havnt touched it in about 15 years, hopefully most of it still works.

Quick question before i start getting hooked onto the forums, which types of tracks fits eachother? Ebay has plenty of 'vintage' tracks which from memory look the same as the stuff that i have, but are the 60s/70s/80s stuff different from eachother? I'll be wanting to buy some new cars but im guessing i can only get the old types?

If anybody has their own set-up then it would be good to see. I'll be getting my stuff out tomorrow hopefully and go from there. Would love to make a permanent track with trees, stands and stuff but i'll lose my garage Lol, but i at least when to set it all up and see if it's just as much fun as it used to be.

Probably talking to myself here as you won't be into scalextric anymore but would be cool if somebody else was

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vintage was all interchangeable til sport came out,after that,christ knows
    But all the cars work on all the tracks.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's good to hear then. I've just gone onto a forum and getting crazy ideas now the tracks they have are incredible and look so real! If all my stuff works i can see me doing some paper mache ****! Maybe this is something i shouldnt of looked into haha

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its the reason i dont go onto the forums.It will take over my life
    Just got my son his 1st for xmas.
    Im going mental when him and my daughter crash them and drive them on the carpet.Find myself asking them if they understand what this is doing to them haha

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You end up fixing the brushes like a mad man

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've gone too far looking now to stop

It was actually my mate from work who said he just bought his son one and that's what reminded me about mine. Would be ace to have a kid and teach them how to use it, or how not to crash! But i'll just have to entertain myself with it Lol.

Just seen this example. Looks alot simplier than the others posted and is a vintage set-up. Can't see it being too hard to do something similar. Ebay is full of stuff and sells for next to nothing now.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was about 10 I built a permanent layout but I haven't looked at it in a while. The newer Scalextric 'Sport' track has different fittings but you can get a converter pack which allows you run new and old track. SCX still uses the old style Scalextric track.

Here some pics of the track I built, went for the rally style.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great pics danny, looks very full and alot of fun! Think that's the best bit about the stuff, taking pics to try and make it look as real as poss. Somebody has done a snow one and looks amazing. Think i'll be limited with what i can do with the old tracks though as they're much bigger pieces. Il make a lay-out tomorrow hopefully and see what i can do with it, easiest would be to copy an F1 circuit, but a rally one would be extra special imo.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea It does look a bit too much now when I look at , but it was great fun. Just don't do what I done a build it where the sun gets in as the plastic track warps.

Here is a track I always liked:
    http://www.rallytorget.net/superstage/

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No sun ever enters my cave

Love that track. I need to find some examples of vintage tracks and must be tarmac settings really. Ill see which of my pieces work and then design a track from there. They all seem to use a program to design it, probably so the lengths are equal.