Thread: eBay/Paypal refund - Time span

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keif View Post
    Refund not gone through, now in the hands of eBay and already have a reply saying they are sorting it.
    Thats really bad!! Can they give you reason why the dispute was closed in your favour without you receiving the refund?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I know is
    Thank you for writing to back eBay Customer Service regarding the (item) you purchased from " seller" and I understand that you still haven’t received your refund. Please accept my deepest apology for the inconvenience this matter is causing you and allow me to assist you further with this matter.

To begin with, I would like to commend you for your time and effort in bringing this matter to our knowledge. Your sense of initiative to resolve the matter is highly appreciated. I feel that you're indeed a great asset in our eBay community.

Upon further investigation, I was able to confirm that the refund that the seller issued to your account didn’t pushed through. I have verify this with your PayPal account. Please be advised that I have forwarded all these details to our higher relevant department for the review of this case.

Investigations like this may take up to 7 to 10 days for approval of your refund and 4 to 7 days for the processed of your money back to your PayPal account. Please be assured that we'll make every effort to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.

I know that it takes sometime for is to sort this issue out for you but please extend your patience in resolving this matter with us. I sincerely hope that your transactions here on eBay will run more smoothly in the future.

Kind regards,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, that reads an awful lot like a scam email. The over the top platitudes, wordy sentences etc even the grammatical mistakes are there throughout.

Hope you get your money!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, thought that too at first. It come through as "From eBay" in my Inbox.

ALL contact has been through eBay. Might call them tomorrow, just to be 100%.
    Last edited by Keif; 13-12-12 at 09:15 PM.

Senior User
    Sunny Sunderland by the sea. Well, inbetween there and Durham.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ If genuine, (can't see it) then it should also be in the inbox in 'My eBay'.
    Does it show in there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by L14MNP View Post
    ^ If genuine, (can't see it) then it should also be in the inbox in 'My eBay'.
    Does it show in there?
    Yes, it's sat in 'My eBay' - 'messages' - 'inbox' - 'from eBay'
    Titled 'eBay CS Support'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right bit of an update.

eBay through this have been sh|te! I've had copy and pasted replies with no relevance to my issue.

They did send me a questionnaire and they got told what I thought, even explained that for them to iron out scam emails they need to get the english right in genuine ones.

Eventually got a reply saying the investigation was delayed over Christmas/New Year and would hear something soon. Well I have hopefully in 7 days time i'll have my refund.

The twist is, the seller has got rather abusive about it all (which i've reported) not helped by the fact they've left me feedback which was a reply to the negative feedback i left them. I've thanked them for the big green +, they said they left negative feedback and ebay have done it wrong and they've reported it to get it changed. (PMSL! not read the rules have they)