Thread: throttle body balancing.......oil cooler

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question throttle body balancing.......oil cooler

anybody know a good company/place to get my throttle bodies balanced in kent/essex area?

another thing is not sure on oil cooler size/make to go for...any experience on this would be helpful

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Balancing is easy enough to do yourself. You can use a synchrometer (or carb balancer for the old school) which helps you get your ear in, you can then do it pretty well with a piece of tubing.

Reset both/all spindles so the throttle plates look about the same with a slight opening to allow the engine to run (accounting for any spindle twist). Close all idle/bleed screws if yours has them. Next fire up the engine, get to temp and allow to idle and settle. Now place the synchrometer on each trumpet and measure. The numbers aren't hugely important but on a 1-5 scale 3-3.5 is about right. Make any adjustments per pair/per throttle depending on what you have until they are as close as you can get them. The use the bleed screws if you have them to fine tune the balance until they are as good as you can get. Job done. Next time you can use a piece of tubing - one end to your ear, the other to the trumpet opening, you can hear how much air the engine is drawing and can balance this way as any difference is quite noticeable.

Don't forget to reset the throttle stops/adjustment/etc for whatever ECU you're running.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go for a mocal 13 row. I often think my 10 row isn't big enough

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks phazer iv already tried my self with a carb balancer but had no luck gettin it right.... ill just pay someone to do it i think..
    ok cheers Iain ill go for a 13 row cooler.